Why do men go shopping with women?

I do ALL supermarket shopping and have always done so - my hatred are browsers and those on a weekend who bring the kids for the day out.

I also thoroughly enjoy any type of shopping although i hate indecision(i think),so get bored with that but then again so does my other half.

The reason women don't go in Halfords is simple.

Assistant: What car is it for?

Woman: A red one.

I go shopping with my O/H because I know she still has £250.00 of unspent John Lewis gift vouchers and doesn't like to spend it on herself, preferring to spoil me instead (I'm worth it!).

I'm already the Imelda Marcos of men's shirts, mainly due to her extravagance, and since I already have a wardrobe full of trousers, jumpers, jackets etc, feel a trip to the 'electrical department' coming on ... preferably in the vicinity of the 4G telly section.

Obviously she'll need to put in a bit of extra cash as '4G' is not only the kind of telly, it's coincidentally the price too.

Either that, or a Nikon camera (conveniently on the same floor, and roughly the same price). :P

The other thing with shopping is that, don't dwell and carry on speaking out loud about an item, cos the other person thinks you're going to get it for them. I raved about how good a Howie coat is, and I was looking at the workmanship really. My BF was getting so excited cos he thought I was going to get that for him. Then the idea crossed my mind only when I looked at his face. :hihi: Oh my God, I was so in trouble when he didn't get that for Christmas. We're going to sit on this, and see if there is a better one that looks like workwear as well as sportswear. It should at least last 5 years.

Sometimes shopping can be so cruel. :hihi: But funny. :D

I do all our food shopping and stop the other half from coming, mainly for the reasons in the first post.

If I do it on the way home from work she doesn't have a say in the matter.

I won't trundle round meadowhall with her at a weekend tho, I can't bare the visit every shop and buy nothing mode of shopping.

I think there should be large 'crèche' like places at shopping centres where men can be dropped off at. It would have a bar, massive HD TV's showing sport and VH1, copies of nuts and FHM dotted around, Internet access, wifi, and maybe a soft play area. The women drop the blokes off and get a ticket to pick them up later.

I think there should be large 'crèche' like places at shopping centres where men can be dropped off at. It would have a bar, massive HD TV's showing sport and VH1, copies of nuts and FHM dotted around, Internet access, wifi, and maybe a soft play area. The women drop the blokes off and get a ticket to pick them up later.

What do you know about shopping? You do yours on-line and the nice man in the van brings it to your door.:hihi:

I go because if I don't she gets the low fat version of everything.

Also, if they're there and they don't want to be there, that presumably means for whatever reason his wife or GF wanted him to be there.

It may surprise you to know that some women are happy with their men and like to spend time with them - even if it's just shopping.

Archived