Why do men go shopping with women?

My bloke goes food shopping because he does nearly all of the cooking, I wouldn't really know what food we needed to buy. I go with him to prevent him from buying any junk (he needs to be on a diet).

He comes clothes shopping with me (this is an unfortunate experience I have to endure about once a year when I realise my clothes are literally falling apart and I really am going to have to buy some replacements) as I'm hopeless at it and need him to point things out that I should buy, otherwise I just stand in the middle of the store, paralysed with utter indifference to it all.

I hate shopping unless it's for something fun and useful, like a holiday, new gadgets or bits for my car.

Apart from being there to drive the car and carry the shopping, supermarket shopping on a Friday night or Saturday, would be so much easier if men just weren't there.

Last week I noticed loads of gormless looking men with a hypnotised expression on their faces, like automatons, with a look that said, 'I really don't want to be here, but I've been forced to come'. In addition to that, for some reason they also tend to lose all sense of steering when it comes to the trolley!

So why go?

I think you answered your question there. I highlighted it in bold.

The Supermarket is a woman's domain and Supermarket shopping would be more pleasant if men just weren't there, also the place would be less crowded.

On the contrary, I get the shopping done much quicker than my wife. I know what I want, I don't waste time reading labels or looking at alternatives and I scan the list as I go so that I never have to back track. It's probably just too logical a way for a woman to shop.

Apart from being there to drive the car and carry the shopping, supermarket shopping on a Friday night or Saturday, would be so much easier if men just weren't there.

Last week I noticed loads of gormless looking men with a hypnotised expression on their faces, like automatons, with a look that said, 'I really don't want to be here, but I've been forced to come'. In addition to that, for some reason they also tend to lose all sense of steering when it comes to the trolley!

So why go?

The Supermarket is a woman's domain and Supermarket shopping would be more pleasant if men just weren't there, also the place would be less crowded.

Maybe there should be a special waiting room for men, or they could just sit outside in the car or spend an hour in the auto, DIY or electronics aisle. Or better still, stay home with the children, then that would relieve us of children running all over the place and the weekly torment of kids throwing tantrums!

I mean you hardly see women in Halfords or the bookies do you?

You seem to assume that everyone uses a car. We dont. I go shopping with my wife to help her with the bags.

I think there should be large 'crèche' like places at shopping centres where men can be dropped off at. It would have a bar, massive HD TV's showing sport and VH1, copies of nuts and FHM dotted around, Internet access, wifi, and maybe a soft play area. The women drop the blokes off and get a ticket to pick them up later.

Post of the day. :clap:

---------- Post added 17-01-2014 at 16:10 ----------

I don't mind. I love pushing the trolley, especially into the dim-witted idiots that meander in my way.

A supermarket is not like the car dodgems at the funfair.

---------- Post added 17-01-2014 at 16:19 ----------

You seem to assume that everyone uses a car. We dont. I go shopping with my wife to help her with the bags.

You both do a weekly shop with ONLY a couple of bags between you? :confused:

A supermarket is not like the car dodgems at the funfair.
Aaaaah, so that's why I've been getting funny looks at supermarkets all those years!!! :D

When I'm shopping with Miss L00b, we often get 2 trolleys and play trolley dodgems :thumbsup: You're only young once ;)

Archived