Sheffield - GB`s Beer Capital

jemson

The Star this week was quoting an article in the New York Times which heralded our city as the best for ale. What do you reckon?

I read that yesterday with a degree of pride. :D

I guess it's all a bit subjective, but we've certainly got to be up there amongst the best real ale cities.

I go to York, Nottingham and Hull quite often and whilst they're all decent, I don't think they have the same range/number of real ale pubs as Sheffield.

I hear Derby is very good and need to give it a good go, to date I've only tried the Brunswick, Alexandra and one of the Spoons there.

Regards

Doom

I read that yesterday with a degree of pride. :D

I guess it's all a bit subjective, but we've certainly got to be up there amongst the best real ale cities.

I go to York, Nottingham and Hull quite often and whilst they're all decent, I don't think they have the same range/number of real ale pubs as Sheffield.

I hear Derby is very good and need to give it a good go, to date I've only tried the Brunswick, Alexandra and one of the Spoons there.

Regards

Doom

Derby is a good day out. Blogged it at some point and hope to get back there again for their Winter beer fest...

Archived