How technology affects the world's labour

Or maybe they can, but they cannot know how to make it work. Cos now it is not about one government, but to think a chain of governments, and the others have to work with you. What if they say "no" ?

They can indeed put out policies and control these MNC from booming so much. When the anti-trust case happened, and one big tech was fighting another one, they knew what was to come.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/11/22/us-oracle-hp-lawsuit-idUSTRE7AL2Q420111122

Now that Oracle managed it. What nobody predicted was that sneaky Google, which is a different kettle of fish, also slowly won that domestic market angle. Diversified, and sneakily managed to get into every single country and has a hub everywhere, and now they are mega global. Now, they bring themselves back to the tech business, and bypassed these laws.

Sometimes, I am glad that we have Tesco as a MNC.

Who in the government was monitoring this? We were just bickering amongst ourselves while the rest of the world quickly and continued to fight. In this austerity times, I would definitely chase after those sneaky tech MNCs, and support some of our own tech companies and so forth.

I quite like the idea of universal benefits. Everyone gets enough to live on then if you want more you earn it. Switzerland is going to have a referendum on whether to try it out.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25415501

With new technology there's not enough work for everyone. This was predicted ages ago and we were promised a life of leisure in the future. Instead what happened was a few people skimmed off the extra wealth and a lot of people ended up with no work and in poverty conditions.

I gave a few lectures on change management last semester, it is astonishing how people have thought technology would take their jobs for centuries, progress = stress it seems.

An excerpt from my PhD conclusion:

What is so interesting about the current timeframe though is the internet. With the rate of development increasing to the point where place is no longer a constant in our work circumstances, we will see great sociological changes that have only been emulated to a certain extend with the advent of telegraphs and trains.

It is increasingly important to adapt to the environment and self-training is set to become the norm.

Archived