What's your favourite black and white photo

Does anybody know of a group of photographers from the North-east that used to take pictures of everyday scenes in the early 20th century? I remember seeing them at an exhibition years ago and falling in love with them, but I really can't recall what the group was called?

They are supposed to have been considered trend-setting in everyday photography, so I hope someone has heard of them :)

I was going to say this one too. My stomach turns over just looking at it.

Always thought it turned out to be a big con.

---------- Post added 19-01-2014 at 14:34 ----------

Does anybody know of a group of photographers from the North-east that used to take pictures of everyday scenes in the early 20th century? I remember seeing them at an exhibition years ago and falling in love with them, but I really can't recall what the group was called?

They are supposed to have been considered trend-setting in everyday photography, so I hope someone has heard of them :)

Can only think of the PITMAN PAINTERS,but obviously they were painters not photographers.

Archived