Robin Hood - Aughton - Stay AWAY!!

karl1986

Went here for a bite to eat last Sunday as the Elmwood farm was packed with a 45 minute wait.

Drove past thinking it looked a really nice place and was still serving food late Sunday lunch. The menu was quite limited to a Sunday menu with a selection of roast, pie and vegetable lasagne. Ordered at the till which took 15 minutes due to the till system nobody seemed to understand that had to be done in a certain order. Shortly after our starters arrived which were garlic mushrooms for the majority with prawn cocktail for myself. This consisted of salad leaves, 4 prawns and 1000 island sauce served with a budget slice of supermarket brown bread.

1 Hour later we are still waiting for our mains, 1 had arrived but the other 4 we were still waiting for. Then arrived 2 more and the waitress apologized but the kitchen had lost our order even though the majority of it had turned up!!!

2 minutes later the remaining 2 dish's arrived which were salmon along with a roast. The salmon was cold and sour and the beef well..... I've never tasted beef like that before. What I also found strange was the vegetable lasagne we were asked if we were vegetarian as it may have meat in then served with cauliflower & carrots????

I wondered if anybody else had been here and had a similar experience as the pub was farely busy and the majority seemed to be enjoying when we entered but maybe a one off bad experience?

Needless to say we all complained and got our money back as all the dish's were off.

Archived