The condition of Sheffield's clubbing scene

the arches....yeah heard about that place - some mates went once to some sort of psy trance nite - cant remember what it was called tho....apparently was good....not quite sure i could have handled moshers and hippies on pills - think it would have sent me under!!!!

the arches....yeah heard about that place - some mates went once to some sort of psy trance nite - cant remember what it was called tho....apparently was good....not quite sure i could have handled moshers and hippies on pills - think it would have sent me under!!!!

No, we used to go when Gatecrasher first came to Sheffield - around 1995/6'ish??

i.e. before GC turned poo.

'Trash' also used to be a legendary night (for those who can remember)

No, we used to go when Gatecrasher first came to Sheffield - around 1995/6'ish??

i.e. before GC turned poo.

'Trash' also used to be a legendary night (for those who can remember)

what did crasher play before then? i started going to GC in the lotherton hall era - 98/99 purely because of the age factor.... back in the days of tongey and oakey when he was a decent dj..... oh how times change!!!!

Well we just had the Valve Soundsystem Tueday Club event last night with Roni Size, Dillinja, Pendulum etc. then we've got DJ Sneak at Hustle this week, Dave Clarke at UG at end of month then Deep Dish and Adam Freeland at UG next month so Sheffield isn't looking too bad at the moment :)

Thanks for mentioning Hustle fnkysknky.

Over that last 2 years I dont think any event has consistently brought to Sheffield as many quality guest DJs as Hustle, with the exception of Urban Gorilla. (well done Deeep Dish booking)

Graeme Park, Audiowhores, Norman Jay, Who Da Funk, Danny Rampling, NASTYDIRTYSEXMUSIC, John Julius Knight, Joey *****, DJ Spen, Kerri Chandler.........

Its an event that city's like Leeds and Manchester are dying for . Indeed Manchester's main house night Angel Deelight closed recently.

Sorry to get on my soap box but its a typical Sheffield thing to knock , or in this case, ignore what you've already got.

thanks again fnkysknky

oh and yes its DJ Sneak this Saturday for our 2nd birthday.

not to everyone's taste i hasten to add, but that doesn't mean we're elitist- just trying to put on something we consider a little more interesting/diverse.

props go out to http://www.singingknivesrecords.co.uk for bringing some exceptional underground/outsider live-based music to this little city of ours.

plenty of stuff's going on, its all about knowing which stones to look under that's all...

Archived