London Parking fine.

Drove down london to do a job yesterday and parked up because I was to early for the customer. I picked a parking space and purchased a ticket and had a snooze when I woke up I found I had been fined for not displaying a ticket, because its not a sticky one it was sat on the dash. So obviously going to dispute it. I took pictures of where I was parked and position of my parking ticket which I intend to send with a letter, but would I be be better sending my ticket with it or a copy of the ticket.

we got a ticket in Wales for not displaying a ticket ... but ticket was clearly visible on the dash. Surprise surprise car park is run by Excel !! They had ticketed the whole row, so I presume this is just standard practice now.

so we took a copy and sent it to them with the appeal ... they've finally replied to say that they now want to know who was driving and we have to provide their driving licence & home address and that that person will need to appeal the ticket ... not the car owner.

It is just tactics to make people pay.

I would send a copy,surely you have a more than good chance of winning that.If the ticket was on the dash,why couldnt the warden see it.
I have no idea it was clearly visible through the drivers window. Also why not tap on the window and ask to see the ticket.:huh:

I have no idea it was clearly visible through the drivers window. Also why not tap on the window and ask to see the ticket.:huh:

Because they are not bothered and would rather just give a ticket out and hope people can't be bothered especially if it is a company vehicle.

I was gunna say that,but i thought you must have been asleep in the back of the van,they really dont have a case do they.:)good luck anyway.

we got a ticket in Wales for not displaying a ticket ... but ticket was clearly visible on the dash. Surprise surprise car park is run by Excel !! They had ticketed the whole row, so I presume this is just standard practice now.

so we took a copy and sent it to them with the appeal ... they've finally replied to say that they now want to know who was driving and we have to provide their driving licence & home address and that that person will need to appeal the ticket ... not the car owner.

It is just tactics to make people pay.

Just tell them you dont know and repeat the fact youre appealing it, might be standard practice in case anyone sends the original, they can say theyve lost it when you contact them again!

In which case, you should tell them to send the fine to the person who was driving and not to the car owner. You could wish them luck with that too:D

I'd be tempted to say nobody was driving as the car was parked up when the ticket was issued...

*Probably bad advice though !* - refer to the mega thread for better advice.

Council fine or a private parking company 'charge'

If it's the latter then no need to worry, they don't have a leg to stand on. The appeal process is simple and it will actually cost the company money when they loose.

A council fine will be ok too, it's a different appeal process tho.

It's fairly common for the ticket warden to take a picture of the car when handing out a ticket, they're going to have a tough job explaining why there is a sleeping man at the wheel with a valid ticket in front of him.

Archived