Good entertainment agency, anyone?

glenys

Hi. :help:

After 13 years doing the pubs and clubs as a vocalist, I am now trying to get back on the scene as a DJ/fullentertainment package with my husband (I used to DJ in the early 80s, and he his getting fed up of twiddling his fingers whilst I am up singing:rolleyes:).

We play 80s, new wave and synth-pop vinyl in the main, but can provide a standard disco if required. Because I sing, we can do weddings as well.

Does anyone know an agency who can give us work in a 30 mile radius of Sheffield please who deals with discos and weddings rather than just pubs and clubs?

Glenys

A lot of venues shy away from agents because of the fees/commission charged.

I've built up my own database over the years of people I work with directly and only occasionally use agents.

One of the best local to Sheffield is Pellar Artistes (Beighton I think) and further afield I've used A1Star Tributes who helped me out at very short notice.

Lot of DJ's out there and venues can pretty much name their price, so I would try and get yourself a regular spot regardless of where and build a reputation. Most wedding venues will already have a house DJ they use regular.

You maybe best just getting some flyers/business cards printed and going round venues.

Good Luck!

• 3 months later...

Other Entertainment agencies in Sheffield area you can check out and contact are -

The Dixon Agency ( Cabaret Division ) - Tel. 0191 2131333

Alan Wood Agency - Tel. 0114 258 0338

Cee Bee Variety Agency - Tel. 0114 275 4507 or 0114 2753909

Also maybe put a advertisement of your entertainment services in the mercury newspaper in the entertainment section - http://www.mercurynewspaper.co.uk/

and maybe you could consider placing an advert on Gumtree Sheffield - http://www.gumtree.com/sheffield in Music, Bands & Musicians section and Entertainment section of Gumtree

Archived