More UKIP idiocy..

I'll remember the erudition in this post when we're tempted to stereotype members of other groups and communities ;)

I think the point here though is that the wrong group was stereotyped.

The views expressed by David Silvester were based on the beliefs of the religious community that he belongs to and not the political community he belongs to. UKIP denounced his views whilst Christianity (like many other religions) teaches it.

The loony/idiocy label should therefore have been directed at Christianity rather than UKIP. And whilst we at it we should be consistent and label/deride all the other religions that teach such crap.

The views expressed by David Silvester were based on the beliefs of the religious community that he belongs to and not the political community he belongs to. UKIP denounced his views whilst Christianity (like many other religions) teaches it.

The loony/idiocy label should therefore have been directed at Christianity rather than UKIP. And whilst we at it we should be consistent and label/deride all the other religions that teach such crap.

I think you're demonstrating the shades of grey that exist in all arguments, whereas many posters here only see in black & white depending which side of the fence they're sitting on, frankly I agree with your post.

Not sure what point you are trying to make, my earlier post is just another example of how equal rights for all isn't possible

Its human nature for everyone to be different, you life will be so much better when you can accept that fact.

I was pointing out your hypocrisy in complaining that euthanasia was not available to some but was to others. Then when it was a question of something you didn't want to be available you weren't complaining.

People are indeed different. For example, your level of personal hypocrisy is a lot higher than that of most people.

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 10:52 ----------

UKIP denounced his views whilst Christianity (like many other religions) teaches it.

Actually UKIP haven't denounced his religious views. They suspended him for embarrassing UKIP by giving a radio interview after being asked by UKIP not to. They knew what his views were when he joined as he was an elected Conservative councillor who defected in protest at Cameron supporting same-sex marriages. They knew full well what they were taking on.

Par for the course for UKIP I would have thought. Is it any surprise they have a party stuffed to the gunnels with wingnuts, dingbats and twunts?

The Nigel Farage Fan Club is a magnet for demented egotists.

When he was door stepped by a news crew yesterday, he seemed like a normal sort of chap, rather than the raving nutter he's been made out to be. I'm sure you'd find this to be the case if you went to a church where you will find people that believe in all sorts like sin, evil, the devil, heaven, hell, repentance etc etc, most of them perfectly likeable normal law abiding people.

We may find their beliefs strange, but I don't see the point in monsterising them.

(....it has resulted in 10 million people in the UK who follow a religion that teaches them that homosexuals will burn in hell for eternity.

10 million Muslims in the UK? There are fewer than 3 million. Nothing like a failed lie, eh?

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 10:57 ----------

When he was door stepped by a news crew yesterday, he seemed like a normal sort of chap......

If you think it's normal to think that floods are caused by gay marriage then that says a lot about UKIP members like Silvester and yourself.

I still think you are stereotyping the wrong group. Silvester's views are not representative of UKIP, or most Christians. We should blame him, for being a crank, not any group that he aligns himself with.

We are far too quick to blame whole groups of people for the crazy actions of a few.

That's something that a lot of contributors to this forum would do well to remember.

I still think you are stereotyping the wrong group. Silvester's views are not representative of UKIP, or most Christians. We should blame him, for being a crank, not any group that he aligns himself with.

We are far too quick to blame whole groups of people for the crazy actions of a few.

That's something that a lot of contributors to this forum would do well to remember.

Spot On :thumbsup:

Yes, all parties and all shades of the spectrum have had people make ridiculous statements. The hand wringers are genuinely disturbed at the idea of UKIP gaining ground and will seize on anything to prove their 'point'. As if they were prepared to give the party a fair hearing but are now shocked by the comments. They believe they can say "look we told you! That proves it!".

The moderate majority will simply shrug, knowing parties always have daft cranks saying daft things.

I'm not a UKIP voter but let's face it, their immigration policy is the one most people want even if traditionally they are Labour, Tory or Lib Dem. Any party that had put the immigration policies of the last ten years in its manifesto would have bombed.

But UKIP took him on board simply because of his opposition to gay marriage and then failed to suspend him when he made his original comments about the floods being caused by god's wrath over gay marriage. UKIP seemed happy enough to have him as a councillor then. They only suspended him when he went on the radio after being told not to. They didn't suspend him for his views.

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 11:22 ----------

....their immigration policy is the one most people want.....

Their immigration policy is the only one they have.

Archived