More UKIP idiocy..

Its already very clear that you wouldn't understand.

Just by denying someone the right to run their business according to their religious beliefs means you are discriminating against them, but you won't understand that concept.

Ahh, the B&B run by a Christian couple turning away a same sex couple. I understand the concept perfectly thanks.

As I said earlier, religious belief should not deny equal rights to others. The anti discrimination legislation supports that.

That particular business should have been aware of the law, but chose to ignore it.

Wasn't it more to do with the fact they were unmarried and turn away all unmarried couples?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-25119158

In the case above the couple were civil partners. Not sure even if they were married it wouldn't have made any difference.

'We are just ordinary Christians who believe in the importance of marriage as the union of one man and one woman.'

Wasn't it more to do with the fact they were unmarried and turn away all unmarried couples?

I think their argument was based on any sex outside of marriage being a sin, however they weren't to know the gay couple were going to have sex in their B&B, nor do they say they'd refuse a couple of heterosexual men.

I found this link:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2424983/Christian-B-B-owners-refused-gay-couple-close-business.html

Mr and Mrs Bull have operated their 'married only' policy since they bought the Chymorvah Private Hotel in Marazion near Penzance, Cornwall, in 1986.

Their hotel website says: ‘We have few rules but please note that out of a deep regard for marriage we prefer to let double accommodation to heterosexual married couples only.’

I wonder how they would have felt if the two men were hetero, married to women and were just sharing a bed to save money, like BF says!

Ahh, the B&B run by a Christian couple turning away a same sex couple. I understand the concept perfectly thanks.

As I said earlier, religious belief should not deny equal rights to others. The anti discrimination legislation supports that.

That particular business should have been aware of the law, but chose to ignore it.

Yet you think it's acceptable for your beliefs to allow for discrimination, as long as that discrimination favours the group you like.

I am allowed to run my business in accordance with my beliefs, so why should people with different beliefs not be afforded the same right?

Yet you think it's acceptable for your beliefs to allow for discrimination, as long as that discrimination favours the group you like.

I am allowed to run my business in accordance with my beliefs, so why should people with different beliefs not be afforded the same right?

Where have my beliefs discriminated anyone?

I wonder how they would have felt if the two men were hetero, married to women and were just sharing a bed to save money, like BF says!

I'd rather sleep on the floor than share a bed with any of my male mates, my own snoring and farting is bad enough, let alone anyone else's ;)

I think their argument was based on any sex outside of marriage being a sin, however they weren't to know the gay couple were going to have sex in their B&B, nor do they say they'd refuse a couple of heterosexual men.

if this pair had been turned away from a muslim B&B, would the B&B owners have been taken to court . probably not.

Archived