More UKIP idiocy..

I like most people throw some curve balls now and then to keep my anonymity. It's worth it not get started on in the street (it has happened to others).

Also in August I wasn't lying I was genuinely a believer but no more.

Fair point Jmack. Its only a forum, and nobody wants that. I despise that kind of behavior, and I respect you for that.

But I do have a pal who is a devout christian, and nothing but nothing would keep him from it. No bullcrap aside, he even left his wife because of it.

Fair point Jmack. Its only a forum, and nobody wants that. I despise that kind of behavior, and I respect you for that.

But I do have a pal who is a devout christian, and nothing but nothing would keep him from it. No bullcrap aside, he even left his wife because of it.

I was never "devout" I was on the hard liberal side of the faith. Let's just say that I view my christian period as a bit of a vacation from my reason and now I'm back in my atheist side.

I been aware of religion issue for about 6 years. And for 5 and a half of them I've been atheist.

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 23:18 ----------

Mr Silvester might have got the weather all wrong, but at least he was right to join a Eurosceptic party.

I think we've gone past the UKIP part now.

I was never "devout" I was on the hard liberal side of the faith. Let's just say that I view my christian period as a bit of a vacation from my reason and now I'm back in my atheist side.

I been aware of religion issue for about 6 years. And for 5 and a half of them I've been atheist.

I seem to go to more and more funerals these days, which thankfully due to age related reasons rather than ill health, and whilst we are all sat there, listening to the vicar doing his thing, I find myself going along with the prayers, doing my best with the hymns, and still remembering the Lords Prayer.

As a total non believer in anything religious, would you say that these actions are based on something inside, or just for face?

I dont feel any better or worse for this, but I still do it, along with other people who I know, whom I assume are as anti-religion as I am.

Doy ou think these actions make me a part time atheist, or is it just human nature?

I think all the atheists and secularists should have a look at sighing this http://www.change.org/petitions/nick-clegg-give-full-support-to-libdem-ppc-maajid-nawaz-and-take-disciplinary-action-against-party-member-mohammed-shafiq#share

This guy is the a prospective Lib Dem candidate for parliament. He tweeted a "Jesus and Mo" cartoon on his twitter page to show how he (a Muslim) felt so un offended by it and how he supported free speech.

However since this their has been a movement by some so-called moderate Muslims to have him disciplined and deselected as the Lib Dem PPC. I think it's really important we don't have prospective politicians kicked out just because of the religious sensitivities of a few.

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 23:26 ----------

I seem to go to more and more funerals these days, which thankfully due to age related reasons rather than ill health, and whilst we are all sat there, listening to the vicar doing his thing, I find myself going along with the prayers, doing my best with the hymns, and still remembering the Lords Prayer.

As a total non believer in anything religious, would you say that these actions are based on something inside, or just for face?

I dont feel any better or worse for this, but I still do it, along with other people who I know, whom I assume are as anti-religion as I am.

Doy ou think these actions make me a part time atheist, or is it just human nature?

Not at all. When I find myself in church I tend to sing to say the prayers. But that is more due to my terrible singing voice than my atheism. If I was in a situation such as a funeral i personally would say the prayers for the simple reason I don't want to cause offence.

What are you on about?

He's just playing the lot of you.

Have you not spotted the identity yet? He just spins folks along, dragging threads off course, telling lies and baiting.

You'd be better off engaging someone with something interesting to say, Snaily.

Has anybody seen angos lately?

I think all the atheists and secularists should have a look at sighing this http://www.change.org/petitions/nick-clegg-give-full-support-to-libdem-ppc-maajid-nawaz-and-take-disciplinary-action-against-party-member-mohammed-shafiq#share

This guy is the a prospective Lib Dem candidate for parliament. He tweeted a "Jesus and Mo" cartoon on his twitter page to show how he (a Muslim) felt so un offended by it and how he supported free speech.

However since this their has been a movement by some so-called moderate Muslims to have him disciplined and deselected as the Lib Dem PPC. I think it's really important we don't have prospective politicians kicked out just because of the religious sensitivities of a few.

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 23:26 ----------

Not at all. When I find myself in church I tend to sing to say the prayers. But that is more due to my terrible singing voice than my atheism. If I was in a situation such as a funeral i personally would say the prayers for the simple reason I don't want to cause offence.

I just dont want to think there is an "inner" faith within us all, that only rears when in the confines of a religious event, ie funerals, weddings etc. I cant say whether there is or isnt because I just dont know, but what I do know is that I wouldnt want to pop to church for a sermon or anything, but will play along during an event like these. If anything, that is bigotry at its finest, because its like, picking and choosing when you want to feel close to, dare I say it, God. If you know what I mean.

Archived