More UKIP idiocy..

I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but I think British students studying medicine or nursing already qualify for grants and bursaries to help with tuition fees.

;)

Sorry if I misled you.

The bursary has to be repaid if she does not work in the country where she qualified as a dentist.

So most immigrants in the UK don't integrate, contribute to society and pay taxes? I'd suggest you go and see who's working in the NHS to witness them but as you live on another continent you're not in a position to know what's going on over here.

you try to come across all intelligent, when in reality you are far from it, you must read the posts if your going to qoute.. I never said immigrants would not be welcome if they contribute.. its the ones who have no intention of working ( and drive around a bit, if you cannot understand this ) as for living on another continent ?? what are you rabbling about ? I merely stated we can do without the lazy ones and they should;nt even be allowed into the UK.

Slightly different, another relative studying to be a vet has to pay university fees.

Which is fair enough since the healthcare of animals isn't a provision of the NHS!

---------- Post added 22-01-2014 at 11:39 ----------

Sorry if I misled you.

The bursary has to be repaid if she does not work in the country where she qualified as a dentist.

Again, a savvy move to keep medical students who qualify here taking their skills abroad.

There isn't a lack of money, its just spent on the wrong things.

True,

NHS 'wasted £40m' on locum doctors

The NHS 'wasted' £40million of taxpayers' money paying commission to private health firms for supplying locum doctors, it was claimed yesterday.

More than £137million was spent last year on locums provided by agencies to plug gaps on hospital wards.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-135651/NHS-wasted-40m-locum-doctors.html#ixzz2r7y2TrEE

Out of Scotland !

Good point!

---------- Post added 22-01-2014 at 12:01 ----------

True,

NHS 'wasted £40m' on locum doctors

The NHS 'wasted' £40million of taxpayers' money paying commission to private health firms for supplying locum doctors, it was claimed yesterday.

More than £137million was spent last year on locums provided by agencies to plug gaps on hospital wards.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-135651/NHS-wasted-40m-locum-doctors.html#ixzz2r7y2TrEE

Sensational stuff as usual retep. In what way was the money 'wasted'? Presumably the NHS didn't have a bank supply of doctors they could call on so resort to recruitment consultants to plug the gap..and they need paying.

£137 million was spent employing doctors to work, not holiday on some tropical isle.

Perhaps you could quantify the level of expenditure on "wrong things" compared to the costs of an NHS staffed fully by British doctors and nurses?

I could copy and paste from various sources but it would be pointless, if you think all government money is spent wisely I doubt it would be possible to change your mind.

Archived