More UKIP idiocy..

women who have children are "worth less" to employers in the financial sector.

Is he wrong, are women with children regarded as equals in the finical sector?

The fact there are fewer of them would suggest he is right.

Women can only get ahead in the City if they sacrificed family life entirely

Do women with children occupy the top positions in the city, if not, it would suggest he is right on this also.

It looks to me like Louisa Peacock as got the wrong end of the stick, he appears to be slagging the city off and not women.

Do women with children occupy the top positions in the city, if not, it would suggest he is right on this also.

It looks to me like Louisa Peacock as got the wrong end of the stick, he appears to be slagging the city off and not women.

Try reading the piece. Then thinking. Alternatively, you could stick your fingers in your ears, shout 'la la la' and avoid thinking altogether; it clearly doesn't agree with you.

Try reading the piece. Then thinking. Alternatively, you could stick your fingers in your ears, shout 'la la la' and avoid thinking altogether; it clearly doesn't agree with you.

I read it and he doesn't appear to be slagging women off, it looks like he is slagging the city off.

Do you think the city and the financial sector treat women with children as equals to men. If so, why is there so few women in top positions.

Nigel Farage

“Young, able women who are prepared to sacrifice a family life and stick with their careers do as well, if not better, than men.

Looks like he is defending women.

Its another one of those threads ivanava, where politics are concerned, nobody will change their views easily. Even so, UKIP cant be any worse than the pair of spineless idiots in charge at the moment, and there is always time for change. One thing that no anti-ukipper can say is how well UKIP could manage our country, and for that to happen, they need to have the same chance as the other parties. That is why, when gaffes are made, the liblabcons will jump on them, and do their best to bring UKIP into disrepute, with the sole intention of tarring them as a party incapable of anything. Do these people understand that not everyone is gay, foreign, a pregnant high-flyer or a one legged midget weather forcaster?

They are not. I am none of these, yet will be backing UKIP.

Its another one of those threads ivanava, where politics are concerned, nobody will change their views easily. Even so, UKIP cant be any worse than the pair of spineless idiots in charge at the moment, and there is always time for change. One thing that no anti-ukipper can say is how well UKIP could manage our country, and for that to happen, they need to have the same chance as the other parties. That is why, when gaffes are made, the liblabcons will jump on them, and do their best to bring UKIP into disrepute, with the sole intention of tarring them as a party incapable of anything. Do these people understand that not everyone is gay, foreign, a pregnant high-flyer or a one legged midget weather forcaster?

They are not. I am none of these, yet will be backing UKIP.

I won't be supporting any of them, but I do hate to see their words twisted by their opposition for political gain.

I thought that the sexual discrimination law covers this aspect of workplace discrimination for women.

Women want a job AND a life. What makes him think that we do not want this ?

http://www.forbes.com/profile/abigail-johnson/

There are always jobs which a woman can do in any industry. There are aspects which need soft skills as well as intellectual capacities.

As the above CEO mentions, the results and investment deals which you get from customers are very quantifiable and nobody can take those figures away from you. Which is very true. As men start to compete and put pressure on you, the deliverable and cases which you win belongs to you.

Very admirable lady. :)

(By the way, I just watched that youtube video even though I had read the article first. WHAT is he talking about ? i.e. He is saying that women should give up having children ? He started off with talking about the banking industry being more women-friendly and that equality has reached the heart of the industry, and then he went and shot himself in the foot and imply that women should actually give up having a family ? Moronic. )

I won't be supporting any of them, but I do hate to see their words twisted by their opposition for political gain.

Some say it that not electing a candidate wont make much difference, but it really does. Say, for example you refrain from your vote, and Party A wins the election, and makes a right pigs ear of it. You had no control over that, so any hardship you encounter due to their neglect would be YOUR problem. But if they made a real honest attempt at governing, and was to your liking, you would probably take the time to vote for them next time around. Thats how the big three have operated over the years, from the support of voters who are sick and tired of false promises and bad decisions, hence the swapping and changing of political parties.

The amount of people changing their minds from party to party is evident in the polls. UKIP were second to the Tories in December, and that is a remarkable achievement from a party not yet tried and tested.

Yes, I shout "Im voting UKIP" , because I personally believe they are worth a chance, as the others have done nothing remarkable that shouts out "Vote Tory, Vote Labour or Vote Lib Dems"

I dont shout this out to be mocked by non UKIP supporters who clearly are trying to shirk away from policies that they think to be racist/homophobic or anti women.

If they have a problem with it, that is their business, but if UKIP do excel and gain enough seats to govern, these people will have no choice other than to abide by the democratic process, and accept that its what the majority wants, just as I would should a different party succeed.

Some say it that not electing a candidate wont make much difference, but it really does. Say, for example you refrain from your vote, and Party A wins the election, and makes a right pigs ear of it. You had no control over that, so any hardship you encounter due to their neglect would be YOUR problem. But if they made a real honest attempt at governing, and was to your liking, you would probably take the time to vote for them next time around. Thats how the big three have operated over the years, from the support of voters who are sick and tired of false promises and bad decisions, hence the swapping and changing of political parties.

The amount of people changing their minds from party to party is evident in the polls. UKIP were second to the Tories in December, and that is a remarkable achievement from a party not yet tried and tested.

Yes, I shout "Im voting UKIP" , because I personally believe they are worth a chance, as the others have done nothing remarkable that shouts out "Vote Tory, Vote Labour or Vote Lib Dems"

I dont shout this out to be mocked by non UKIP supporters who clearly are trying to shirk away from policies that they think to be racist/homophobic or anti women.

If they have a problem with it, that is their business, but if UKIP do excel and gain enough seats to govern, these people will have no choice other than to abide by the democratic process, and accept that its what the majority wants, just as I would should a different party succeed.

Thats the problem the majority are never heard,the first past the post makes sure only the big 2 win outright,the smaller parties are totally disenfranchised,the only way to have REAL democracy is to have PR,and that's never going to happen while the big 2 are in charge.

Thats the problem the majority are never heard,the first past the post makes sure only the big 2 win outright,the smaller parties are totally disenfranchised,the only way to have REAL democracy is to have PR,and that's never going to happen while the big 2 are in charge.

Except for the fact that the big two aren't in charge at the moment.

Unless you count the Lib-Dems as one of the big two.

Archived