More UKIP idiocy..

I would just love it if UKIP won the general election. Just to see Nigel Farage crap his pants on live TV. It's almost worth voting for them on that prospect alone.

Farage has torn up all UKIP's policies and is going to rewrite them after the European elections in May;

"Nigel Farage said a 2010 Ukip policy of introducing a dress code for taxi drivers was 'news to me'.

Nigel Farage has disowned his party's 2010 election manifesto after he was asked whether the UK Independence party still wanted to bring in a flat tax, introduce a dress code for taxi drivers, regularly deploy armed forces on the street and repaint trains in traditional colours.

The Ukip leader said all of the party's policies were under review and he would not commit to new ones until after the European elections in May this year.

Speaking on BBC2's Daily Politics, Farage pointed out he was not in charge of the party in 2010 as he was just a candidate – despite having previously led the group between 2006 and 2009.

"I don't defend the 2010 manifesto, I didn't put it together. But it will be similar in flavour [in 2015]," he said.

The MEP floundered as he was asked about the party's proposal to scrap Trident, saying he was not sure where the interviewer had got this suggestion from.

When told it was on the Ukip website, he said: "When it comes to websites, I'm not the expert."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jan/23/nigel-farage-ukip-2010-election-manifesto

Farage has torn up all UKIP's policies and is going to rewrite them after the European elections in May;

"Nigel Farage said a 2010 Ukip policy of introducing a dress code for taxi drivers was 'news to me'.

Nigel Farage has disowned his party's 2010 election manifesto after he was asked whether the UK Independence party still wanted to bring in a flat tax, introduce a dress code for taxi drivers, regularly deploy armed forces on the street and repaint trains in traditional colours.

The Ukip leader said all of the party's policies were under review and he would not commit to new ones until after the European elections in May this year.

Speaking on BBC2's Daily Politics, Farage pointed out he was not in charge of the party in 2010 as he was just a candidate – despite having previously led the group between 2006 and 2009.

"I don't defend the 2010 manifesto, I didn't put it together. But it will be similar in flavour [in 2015]," he said.

The MEP floundered as he was asked about the party's proposal to scrap Trident, saying he was not sure where the interviewer had got this suggestion from.

When told it was on the Ukip website, he said: "When it comes to websites, I'm not the expert."

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/jan/23/nigel-farage-ukip-2010-election-manifesto

Yet the Guardian article doesn't provide a link to the 2010 manifesto so we can judge the merits of it ourselves.

The more the merrier. :)

Regards

Doom

"Nigel Farage has disowned his party's 2010 election manifesto [he] floundered as he was asked about the party's proposal to scrap Trident, saying he was not sure where the interviewer had got this suggestion from.

Merry? I'm positively chortling with delight :P

Yet the Guardian article doesn't provide a link to the 2010 manifesto so we can judge the merits of it ourselves.

Unfortunately, UKIP have a nasty habit of "tidying" their website of old policies.

Luckily, it's all on archive.org - so go feast yourself.

Unfortunately, UKIP have a nasty habit of "tidying" their website of old policies.

Luckily, it's all on archive.org - so go feast yourself.

Scrapping Trident is probably the one policy of theirs I could support and the leader didn't even know it existed. As for introduce a dress code for taxi drivers it's not just bonkers and unenforceable but I thought UKIP wanted smaller government.

Archived