More UKIP idiocy..

Gun crime increased after the ban.

Gun crime doubles in a decade

You've cherry picked that old article. We've seen dramatic falls since & it's halved again.

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/crime-stats/crime-statistics/period-ending-june-2013/stb-crime-in-england-and-wales--year-ending-june-2013.html#tab-Offences-involving-firearms

So how are the criminals getting hold of them?

And I pointed you to two well known examples of legally owned and licensed firearms being used to kill just a few posts above. Just because a weapon is legally owned does not preclude it from being used illegally.

maybe they are buying them in the real world, you should visit it sometime

Are you trying to make a point, if so I missed it.

Well you're not the sharpest are you. Let me try again.

1) ivanava thinks people with guns should be shot.

2) ivanava thinks more people should have guns.

Defined as;

contradiction /kɒntrəˈdɪkʃ(ə)n/ noun

noun: contradiction; plural noun: contradictions

1. a combination of statements, ideas, or features which are opposed to one another.

Listening to radio4 today on crime statistics. Apparently crime overall has decreased significantly. The only significant increase is rape offences. That's due to the recent coverage and the climate to which victims feel safer to come forward.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 21:11 ----------

Defined as;

1. a combination of statements, ideas, or features which are opposed to one another.

Bless, you quoted the dictionary..how quaint and ironic. :hihi:

Meanwhile, ukip still seem to be the alternative party to vote for. I see some of their empees are a bit nutty, but they do have a few good ideas. And guns are bad, and that duggan blole shouldn't have messed with them, else he mite not have been shot.

Yes I did and I know, I was simply showing that as Guns were banded, gun crime went up and not down.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 21:25 ----------

Defined as;

The whole premise of your point as a serious flaw, you are wrong on point 1 and point 2.

Yes I did and I know, I was simply showing that as Guns were banded, gun crime went up and not down.

It's gone down & still on a downward trend now though.

Guns weren't banned, just handguns. Obviously when you ban a class of guns they don't all disappear overnight - a lot will become illegal guns, so you see a temporary rise in gun crime. Then you see falls as those guns are gradually taken out of circulation - either seized by police, dumped, broken or lost & the supply of new guns is restricted.

I think there were other causes that had more effect on the increase too, correlation does not imply causation.

It's gone down & still on a downward trend now though.
Yes I know, its gone down very recently, and it had nothing to do with hand guns being banned.

Guns weren't banned, just handguns.

Again I know it was in the link I posted,

Obviously when you ban a class of guns they don't all disappear overnight - a lot will become illegal guns, so you see a temporary rise in gun crime.

What makes you think everyone with a legal hand gun just dumped them or sold them to criminal when they were banned. They will have been disposed of sensibility.

Then you see falls as those guns are gradually taken out of circulation - either seized by police, dumped, broken or lost & the supply of new guns is restricted.

I think there were other causes that had more effect on the increase too, correlation does not imply causation.

The fall had nothing at all to do with the ban.

Archived