More UKIP idiocy..

Wouldn't it be great if UKIP could win the euro election

Well, they can't - it's PR, even the smallest nobody of parties can win seats - hence UKIP are there at the moment (when they can be bothered to turn up).

and then get into the house of traitors at the gen election,it would make the fools in the commons sit up and listen to the people for once.

The Government might have to pay attention if people vote UKIP in the 2015 General Election in significant numbers (enough to get a notable number of MPs elected). They're not going to pay any attention to the number of MEP's UKIP wins - the only winners of a UKIP landslide in the European elections is the UKIP candidates' bank balances.

Well, they can't - it's PR, even the smallest nobody of parties can win seats - hence UKIP are there at the moment (when they can be bothered to turn up).

The Government might have to pay attention if people vote UKIP in the 2015 General Election in significant numbers (enough to get a notable number of MPs elected). They're not going to pay any attention to the number of MEP's UKIP wins - the only winners of a UKIP landslide in the European elections is the UKIP candidates' bank balances.

Care to name some really small parties that have MEPs?

Wouldn't it be great if UKIP could win the euro election and then get into the house of traitors at the gen election,it would make the fools in the commons sit up and listen to the people for once.

No.

We really need to elect politicians who are able to improve our nation.

A set of xenophobes wont do that.

The word you are looking for is hypocritical. Being in an anti-European party and taking a large wodge of cash from Europe? I think the word fits.

Thank you Halibut. That is indeed the word I was trying to think of.

Explain why it is hypocritical?

He pays tax to HMG, his business pay tax to HMG, all his employees pay tax to HMG. His suppliers pay tax to HMG. His customrs pay tax to HMG. He pays tax to HMG just for buying stuff. He pays tax to HMG for each road vehicle he owns etc etc.

Then HMG gives a load of it to the EU.

Nothing hypocritical about being anti-EU and taking EU money. It isn't their money, it's our money, that we have all contributed too.

---------- Post added 30-01-2014 at 08:21 ----------

Talking of spelling mistakes I wonder if SevenRivers lives in Stocksbridge;

"3 MILLION UK JOBS DEPENDANT ON....".

"....when only 1 in 10 jobs are dependant on our membership of the EU."

http://www.ukipstocksbridge.co.uk/?p=129

As pointed out earlier by another member, when losing an argument, retreat to the easy ground of picking on spelling and grammar. That is your default setting.

As pointed out earlier by another member, when losing an argument, retreat to the easy ground of picking on spelling and grammar. That is your default setting.

Any UKIP member really should be able to spell dependent given that the I in UKIP is dependence with in as a prefix. I pick up people's spelling and grammar when they come across all nationalistic but haven't quite managed to master their mother tongue despite their patriotism.

UKIP's homophobia has spawned a hit single;

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jan/30/its-raining-men-charts-anti-ukip-protest-song

Any UKIP member really should be able to spell dependent given that the I in UKIP is dependence with in as a prefix. I pick up people's spelling and grammar when they come across all nationalistic but haven't quite managed to master their mother tongue despite their patriotism.

UKIP's homophobia has spawned a hit single;

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jan/30/its-raining-men-charts-anti-ukip-protest-song

What makes you think that nationalists should have perfect spelling and grammar, there's no reference to spelling or grammar in the definition of nationalism. The two things are clearly not related.

What makes you think that nationalists should have perfect spelling and grammar, there's no reference to spelling or grammar in the definition of nationalism. The two things are clearly not related.

And yet many nationalists use they "and they can't even use the language" when complaining about foreigners, often going to the point of demand that only people with full knowledge of English are admitted to the country.

You can't see the irony of someone who can't spell or use English grammar rules complaining about foreigners being unable to use fluent English?

Archived