Prime Minister for a Day or Two.

1. Proportional representation.

2. an absolute stop on all infrastructure spending in London and the South East with all the money being diverted to infrastructure projects across the regions.

3. Give myself the right to put on really heavy steel toe capped boots and kick George Osbourne square in the face while roaring in an insanely animalistic way as loudly as I can again and again and again possibly forever.

1. Surely we need a second chamber? If not lords then who? The X Factor panel?

2. The public rejected AV, those that could be bothered, PR could only be forced on the nation undemocratically. You can't force a new version of democracy.

3. Spot on.

1. Denmark and New Zealand do not have a second chamber.

2. PR is still in my opinion correct even though AV was rejected.

Just two:

1/.Arrange two classes of citizen ship:

First class, with the rights and privileges we have now, would be automatic;

Second class, without the rights and privileges, entered by automatic demotion of those who claim "How was I to know?" "Why didn't someone stop me?" and all the other lame excuses for stupid behaviour.

2/. Compulsory attendance at polling stations, with the options of postal voting for those unable to attend. (You don't have to vote, just turn up, get a paper, and drop it in the box)

Al Jazeera and Russia today pee all over the BBC in it's reporting and neutrality.

The BBC is full of leftie luvvies and the quality of reporting (see Olympics/last royal wedding) is awful.

Russia Today is bad, worse than the BBC, it's the Russian version of state controlled news. It's a step up from Press TV, but not a huge step up.

Al Jazeera is pretty good.

1. Surely we need a second chamber? If not lords then who? The X Factor panel?

2. The public rejected AV, those that could be bothered, PR could only be forced on the nation undemocratically. You can't force a new version of democracy.

3. Spot on.

Queensland abolished its second chamber -- many bad decisions passed into law; the house of review is needed.

While "you can't force a new version of democracy", maybe you can force everyone to be among those who can be bothered to go to the polls

1. Ban sales of/ban completely, any vehicle to the general public over 1000cc, only Emergency services, haulage and businesses that are licensed to have them.

2. Get rid of tax loopholes, all business that wishes to earn money from here must have a registered place in the UK and all profit is taxed accordingly, no tax relief for stuff like borrowing from companies outside of the UK.

3. Start a social housing building scheme for throughout the UK with planning exemption and stop right to buy.

Please explain how you would "get rid of tax loopholes" without ******* most of the country off?

As this is an hypothetical question I have not had time to look at the detail too much :hihi:

And I thought someone was going to have a problem with having to trade in their Subaru Impreza for a Fiat Panda !

Queensland abolished its second chamber -- many bad decisions passed into law; the house of review is needed.

While "you can't force a new version of democracy", maybe you can force everyone to be among those who can be bothered to go to the polls

We've got a long way to go before turnout in the UK is below 51%.

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 12:00 ----------

1. Denmark and New Zealand do not have a second chamber.

2. PR is still in my opinion correct even though AV was rejected.

If you want disunited governments that will inevitably include UKIP then fine. It's not going to happen in our lifetimes, apathy won the AV vote.

I was actually convinced to vote for AV by Ken Livingstone and Vince Cable at a public meeting in London. Although I wasn't entirely convinced they were against Michael Howard who was supported by sneering hooray Henry's sat around me in the audience.

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 12:02 ----------

Al Jazeera and Russia today pee all over the BBC in it's reporting and neutrality.

The BBC is full of leftie luvvies and the quality of reporting (see Olympics/last royal wedding) is awful.

If you think news channels run by a KGB dictator and a rich royal family are better then I'll leave you to your carers.

The BBC has plenty of Tories in it, Andrew Neil and Nick Robinson being the most obvious.

Archived