Children forced to grieve children.

It,s not really much different to the parents who take their children to protests or political rallies and the like. They should really be explaining to the children their own views and all the alternative views on the subject and letting their children make up their own minds.

. I was just commenting on the poor little boy in Edinburgh. Sky news interviewed a young boy but It's not sky news I have a problem with, it's parents forcing children to grieve children they didn't know. Sorry people. I don't comment on here often. Teach me to want to air my views on a public forum.

I completely agree with your sentiments. There are some awful public outpourings of grief whenever something like this occurs. I'm terribly uncomfortable with it as I see grief as a private thing and would not want to burden anybody with it. I'm not knocking those who do it in public but I question whether they'd lay flowers, sign books of condolence, stand head bowed with a grim look on their face, etc, if nobody was there to witness them doing so.

I do have a real issue though with the ghouls on here and on other forums who post on threads to let us know that 'my thoughts are with the family'. Why the need to tell everybody?

I completely agree with your sentiments. There are some awful public outpourings of grief whenever something like this occurs. I'm terribly uncomfortable with it as I see grief as a private thing and would not want to burden anybody with it. I'm not knocking those who do it in public but I question whether they'd lay flowers, sign books of condolence, stand head bowed with a grim look on their face, etc, if nobody was there to witness them doing so.

I do have a real issue though with the ghouls on here and on other forums who post on threads to let us know that 'my thoughts are with the family'. Why the need to tell everybody?

That's one of the my other personal grievances. People jumping on the grief band wagon. "let's all go and have a drink, fag, spliff at the place where this poor unfortunate person met his/ her demise. How disrespectful is that??

Let's take the kids and post the photo on Facebook. For God's sake.....

Goon, this is something that I do. The reasons for which are:

a) it is a genuine remark, and I often pray for for families for the strength to face what they are going through - Trauma and grieving as it is a terrible thing to go through (although I know many disagree with prayer also!)

b) often family members or their associates come on to the forum and if it makes it one iota easier and gives them one iota of comfort (which people in the past have said it has) to know that others are thinking of them and routing for them, then that cannot be a bad thing, can it?

c) I also travelled to Anfield after the Hillsborough disaster with my family and we laid our SUFC scarves on the pitch. I'm sure you'll think this was dreadfully 'ghoulish' but to the people of Liverpool, I hope they saw it as a mark of respect and solidarity with the fans and the grieving.

You call people like me ghouls, I call them compassionate.

Why do people take very young children to leave stuffed toys/ flowers in a place where another very young child was killed. And why do sky news think it's acceptable to shove a camera in said child's face and ask them questions. Why would any responsible parent want their child to be subjected to grieve a stranger at such a young age. What do they gain from this ?

Because it's all about influencing public opinion via the national media

Archived