Recommend me a red wine please.

I’ve never been a wine drinker. I can’t remember for sure if I’ve ever bought a bottle of wine. In the supermarkets there seems to be an overwhelming choice, especially for someone like me who hasn’t got a clue.

Can someone suggest a red wine to try. The only criteria is I don’t like sweet things. Thank you

How much do you want to pay? You'll be luck to get a decent red for under £5 these days - the only one I buy regularly at that price is Morrisons Beaujolais which is light, fruity and slips down well - goes pretty well with a roast chicken.

To go with a meal ?

Hi,

No. Basically, I drink in the house-about two maybe three times per week. I usually have just one pint can of Stella, or 4 units of spirits (pernod or whisky). I fancy trying red wine Mega.

Anything up to a tenner Longcol.

I'm a big fan of Australian and Chilean reds. You can get decent ones around the £5 mark but if you're willing to pay about £7ish I can recommend Yellow Tail (All varieties and the whites are nice too), Oxford Landing (both are yummy).

Some of the supermarket own brand reds are also pretty reasonable and worth a try!

Avoid Californian ones such as Blossom Hill if you don't like sweet

Hi,

No. Basically, I drink in the house-about two maybe three times per week. I usually have just one pint can of Stella, or 4 units of spirits (pernod or whisky). I fancy trying red wine Mega.

Anything up to a tenner Longcol.

The Domain de Colombier Chinon from Sainsburys has always been good value (it's about £7 per bottle from Sainsburys) and is a fairly light fruity red.

At £9.99 I love the LeBoeuf Chiroubles from Waitrose - a lovely floral, silky red.

Both benefit from being served slightly chilled (as do most reds IHMO).

Archived