How much is this car worth?

Just found it! That looks like a decent car actually, I'll show my boyfriend and see what he thinks. Thank you :)

---------- Post added 19-01-2014 at 21:51 ----------

This is the car in question: http://www.randrcarssheffield.co.uk/listing/2001-seat-leon-1-8-turbo-fsh-76000-miles-excellent-condition-12-months-mot/

I have to say, the colour is the biggest selling point for me, I love it!

You should be able to easily barter that down to 2k.

You should be able to easily barter that down to 2k.

Yeah, I said that. Having looked at others though, I still think that's a bit steep. I think we're going to offer him £1800. If he says no, we'll keep looking!

---------- Post added 19-01-2014 at 22:15 ----------

Thanks Snowglobe. They don't say how many miles the cars done though, that makes me think it's probably high mileage.

Yeah, I said that. Having looked at others though, I still think that's a bit steep. I think we're going to offer him £1800. If he says no, we'll keep looking!

I noticed its on e.bay,and its the most expensive 2001 model.[ it is a nice colour though:)].

How much more than book price?

There is NO book price,they are Guides and guides ONLY.

What a vehicle is worth is what you can get a buyer to pay.

Every vehicle varies 2 exactly the same bar colour can vary value alot the same as its history.

All factors need to be taken off or on a Book Guide price the same as the time of year a sale is undertaken.Values in January could well be down on Sales in june.

Only by walking round the vehicle and driving it can a real assesment be made.sellers tend to have rose tinted glasses.

A vehicle thats spent its life doing 50,000 miles of town work will be alot more hammered than one thats done 100,000 miles of motorway miles.

---------- Post added 20-01-2014 at 11:20 ----------

The dealer is asking for £2295.

Which will be a grand over whats its really worth.

better of buying private than buying a cheap car from a dealer

they either buy from auctions cheap quick wash and tidy up then punt it back out without really checking anything

are take a car in in a px most of time people px because its no good

dont be fooled by the shine on the car and that it has 12 months mot ect.. means nothing at all all a mot means is it meets the min to beable to drive on road engine could still go within a few miles

if it was me i would leave alone wouldnt buy any car from a auction unless it was me buying it myself also well over priced

if its that much of a minter why is it still up for sale?

dont want to put you of buying just saying i wouldnt buy it if you do i would deffo do a hpi check on it at the very least milage is a bit low for year i think

Archived