Can You Get Germs From Kissing?

Come Sweet Death.........

One Last Caress......

One Last Caress of Death............

xMisfitsx

I just knew someone would quote that song :hihi:

---------- Post added 19-01-2014 at 23:04 ----------

:gag::suspect::lol:

EDIT: It weren't a wonky "back door" was it? :)

Nope :(:(:(

You can pass on all sorts of things with kissing, although most of them aren't 'germs', they're viruses.

All sorts of cold and flu viruses pass from body to body easily (although they pass from nose to hand to nose mucosa more effectively) and things like glandular fever (what the Americans call 'mono', AKA infective mononucleosis) pass efficiently too, to the point that glandular fever, caused by the Epstein Barr virus, is also called 'kissing disease' in some cultures.

If her (or your) hygiene isn't great then all sorts of gastric bugs can also be spread by kissing. They're spread by faecal oral contamination, but not washing your hands adequately after going to the loo and then rubbing your face can be a very good way of passing them around.

Am I making you feel any better yet?

You can pass on all sorts of things with kissing, although most of them aren't 'germs', they're viruses.

All sorts of cold and flu viruses pass from body to body easily (although they pass from nose to hand to nose mucosa more effectively) and things like glandular fever (what the Americans call 'mono', AKA infective mononucleosis) pass efficiently too, to the point that glandular fever, caused by the Epstein Barr virus, is also called 'kissing disease' in some cultures.

If her (or your) hygiene isn't great then all sorts of gastric bugs can also be spread by kissing. They're spread by faecal oral contamination, but not washing your hands adequately after going to the loo and then rubbing your face can be a very good way of passing them around.

Am I making you feel any better yet?

I'm a big believer in building up resistance. The more people and animals you kiss, the bigger the resistance. I'm snogging a greyhound as I type!

---------- Post added 19-01-2014 at 23:56 ----------

However, I might just rinse my mouth out with a glass of brandy before I go to bed.

Archived