Why do people white lie ?

Or they can be honest and say "Yes baby, you did eat a lot while we were on holiday and we did not go to the gym together for like 2 weeks now. Maybe that is why. Don't be upset. Let me make you a cuppa tea." He was there, he saw what happened. He is not lying.

Instead, some people go, "PROOF IT. GODDAMN IT. PROVE TO ME THAT YOU GOT THE FACTS RIGHT AND THE MEASUREMENTS RIGHT. GODDAMN IT. PROVE IT."

I just wondered where the person got the facts from that the lady's facts are wrong. When really it is her own body and she noticed that she had bulged a little and did not know why.

There is no reason to white lie. Cos your intents were different to begin with. Isn't life about finding that sweet win-win spot ?

I think you've confused a conversation with a debate. I doubt that anybody would reply like that.

---------- Post added 22-01-2014 at 07:25 ----------

But surely an honest response to some questions is better than a lie.

Whether people think i'm fat ,stupid or ugly or all three is irrelevant. No one else would have the need to tell me they think any of these things UNLESS i asked. If i ask i want an honest answer.

And do you think that because you feel that way, it's the same for everyone?

Nobody ever says "do I look fat in this", because they actually just want reassurance?

Wishing a merry xmas isn't a white lie, its a greeting just like good afternoon. If you don't wish anyone that don't say it.

I seldom ask anyone(who i don't know well) if they had a good holiday 'cos i don't care. I'm happy to chat about them if they've a mind to and i always tell them to have a great time 'cos i mean it.

I've been a sales rep for 20 years it doesn't pay to lie at all.

I tend to agree, but I still think you're missing the point.

Archived