The best place to buy real ale

christoff

I believe the Kelham Island triangle is best for this sort of thing.

A short walk around The Fat Cat, Kelham Island Tavern, Cask & Cutler, Hillsborough Hotel and The Gardeners Rest should satisfy.

Fat Cat, Kelham Tavern, Devonshire Cat, Cask and Cutler.

I must also add that the Rising Sun in Nethergreen, which is now under the ownership of Abbeydale Brewery has a fabulous range of real ales.

Get up there and try the Indian Pale Ale (Jaipur?). Fabulous taste and quite a kick with an ABV of 5.9%.

The same pub also has some decent bottled beers and a great range of draught lagers, including Bitberger Pils (sp?).

New Barrack Tavern on Penistone Road.

In Crookes the Cobden View is probably the best and the Noahs Ark is OK as well.

Aye, i do love the Cobden as a place to drink a nice pint (or 5!) Was just wondering where else in Sheffield though. There have been a few good suggestions that i will follow up on here, so thank you very much. I was wondering though, is there any ale appreciation socieites here in Sheffield???

Archived