Help ? whats this vinyl

I have discovered a collection of columia "magic notes" records that i have been told are for a gramphone / 78s ? does that sound right? AX 4659

the crucifixion

i pressume its bible related! but dont know if its music or what, also is it of any use or even any value i have a selection of these part1 thru to part 9

if anyone could shed light on them id be very grateful iv looked in the usual places ebay/ discogs but no look?

please help and thankyou for reading:)

Hi Nicky, yes it's the full recording of the crucifixion. The material the old 78 rev records was made of was called shellac, not vinyl. vinyl plastic only came in when 45's and 33 long playing records were made in the late fifties. 78's could only play for a maximum of about five mins, so that's why a long musical piece was spread over a number of records.

So endeth the lesson, ha ha.

Hi Nicky, yes it's the full recording of the crucifixion. The material the old 78 rev records was made of was called shellac, not vinyl. vinyl plastic only came in when 45's and 33 long playing records were made in the late fifties. 78's could only play for a maximum of about five mins, so that's why a long musical piece was spread over a number of records.

So endeth the lesson, ha ha.

oh thanks thats explains that then thankyou

Archived