Middle class parents to pay for education

You mean charging them a lot more tax isn't enough and you want yet more out of them?

I forget - it's Sheffield. Anyone earning more than you is automatically evil.

I hate to mention this, but the 99% / 1% theory is going to impoverish most of the middle class too.

When the poor have been drained of every drop of blood and there's nothing left, they will be coming after the middle class as well.

Only the mega rich 1% are going to come out on top.

That's why, unless you are one of the mega rich, we should all be banding together to fight it.

I hate to mention this, but the 99% / 1% theory is going to impoverish most of the middle class too.

When the poor have been drained of every drop of blood and there's nothing left, they will be coming after the middle class as well.

That's why, unless you are one of the mega rich, we should all be banding together to fight it.

Lets all sit in a tent outside a cathedral.

That usually does the trick.:hihi:

Tin foil hat time :hihi:

No, that's naive, I'm afraid. True in theory, but not in practice. In reality, whether or not your child gets in will hinge on how much private tuition you can afford for him/her in the skills tested by the entrance exam/11 plus (ie. to maximise his or her chances of success in the exam itself).

My father was a miner. My grandfather was a fireman.

I managed to get into a grammar school just fine. No tuition needed - I doubt my parents would even have been able to find one if they wanted to.

---------- Post added 22-01-2014 at 13:34 ----------

I hate to mention this, but the 99% / 1% theory is.

.....is more of the same "oh woe is me it's all just awful isn't it" that you regularly trot out Anna....

The 99% was picked purely to give some air of legitamacy to these people and their claim that we are all in the fight together... Then they decry the "all in this together mantra" that Osbourne has been preaching. Sauce for the goose etc.

---------- Post added 22-01-2014 at 13:35 ----------

Fine, don't listen.....:rolleyes:

That's because you have nothing new to say I'm afraid Anna.

Who else is going to pay off the trillion+ debt? What are you complaining about? It has to be paid, and you're the one's with the money now.

You think Obelix is in your "1%"? I'm sure I read that pensioners have never had it so good...

http://citywire.co.uk/money/pensioners-have-never-had-it-so-good-says-ifs/a600238

Are you upping your contribution to the country? :)

You mean charging them a lot more tax isn't enough and you want yet more out of them?

Who else is going to pay off the trillion+ debt? What are you complaining about? It has to be paid, and you're the one's with the money now.

What on earth makes you think I'm in your mythical 1%?

I hate to break it you, but the middle class has always been the 'class' squeezed most by both the top exploiting end and the bottom assisted end.

Any country you look, any Gvt you look, any time you look.

Certainly did not need to wait for your "99%/1% theory" to come along :rolleyes:

Archived