More good news on the economy..

It's simple.While they are on these employability courses,they are classed as employed and in work.So figures look good,then they bump up the interest rate 0.5% and the Government think they have pulled another one over the public.

And hundreds more to start on Monday, at a new centre opening in city centre.That will be another 2-3% fall in unemployment.

Are they classed as employed? Can you show me where you go this from. Not saying it's not true but would like to know more about how the figures are worked out.

Can you provide evidence it isn't the case?

Can you provide evidence it is?

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 09:03 ----------

I'm not sure they are. http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25841570

Third paragraph down "the ons reports 1.25m are on job seekers allowance" - so what are the rest on ?

ESA

Income Support

and some are now on UC.

Others might be unemployed but not be claiming.

Can you provide evidence it isn't the case?

You've had debate explained to you before, if you make an assertion it's down to you to prove it, not someone else to disprove it.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 09:08 ----------

It's simple.While they are on these employability courses,they are classed as employed and in work.So figures look good,then they bump up the interest rate 0.5% and the Government think they have pulled another one over the public.

And hundreds more to start on Monday, at a new centre opening in city centre.That will be another 2-3% fall in unemployment.

Hundreds and 2 - 3 percent... Perhaps you mean tens of thousands?

. I find it suspicious that the economy always appears to improve just before a General Election.

It was in the toilet before the last election, it's one of the reasons Labour lost.

other elections when the economy was in the toilet :

1974 (both of them)

You've had debate explained to you before, if you make an assertion it's down to you to prove it, not someone else to disprove it.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 09:08 ----------

Hundreds and 2 - 3 percent... Perhaps you mean tens of thousands?

There is another 180 starting every 8 weeks.Ok maybe not 2-3%.I have the misfortune to work amongst the people that are attending these courses and most of them are aged between 50-65.No one is going to employ these people.......ever.The ones that are teaching them,know the crack and have said it's just a ploy to manipulate the figures.

It is just the same as the last time unemployment was at it's highest.The YTS scheme was introduced.Stick em on a course for 6mths,tick em off the dole,even though they where still being paid social security and manipulate the figures.The only proof i have is word of mouth.You watch the base rate interest.Now the figures have been published,it will go up around 0.5%

Archived