More good news on the economy..

It's not like there should be any question left, it's been tried, someone can answer how much it actually generated in net additional income for the government.

One thing the public sector is good at is, inefficient use of money. This figure may have already been fully costed, but history will tells us, predicted costs almost never come in on target.

One thing the public sector is good at is, inefficient use of money. This figure may have already been fully costed, but history will tells us, predicted costs almost never come in on target.

Could say the same for nearly every public service that got privatised. They're effectively public services by proxy, they still get allocated tax revenue and they still piddle it up the wall. Difference is the money gets creamed off by the companies and shareholders take a cut - nice for the cronies of the politicians.

The alternative is privatisation which generally results in a reduced workforce ( a business would rather employ one person to do a job of three providing it can make a profit at an acceptable rate without concern for the workforce), longer processing times (work queues up because of reduced staff) and shoddy workmanship as people cut corners trying to achive targets or bonuses. As Jimmy said in Quadrophenia, "You 'erd I said find one then. Yeah I'll tell you what you can do with your eye-teeth and your job, you can take the mail and the frankin machine and all that other rubbish I have to go about with and you can stuff them right up your ****!"

The alternative is privatisation which generally results in a reduced workforce ( a business would rather employ one person to do a job of three providing it can make a profit at an acceptable rate without concern for the workforce)

Except of course that doesnt happen.

But now as well as having the economy halved last March (any sign of an answer to that question btw?) we have a workforce that can magically shrink by 66% and still do the same work.

Either the public sector is full of workshy fools or you are full of something else. Which is it please?

Could say the same for nearly every public service that got privatised. They're effectively public services by proxy, they still get allocated tax revenue and they still piddle it up the wall. Difference is the money gets creamed off by the companies and shareholders take a cut - nice for the cronies of the politicians.

Can you provide some examples?

BP, Lunn Poly, Rolls-Royce, Jaguar, British Steel, British Sugar, Sealink, most of our airports, most of our services have all been privatised and gone on to become very successful and profitable businesses.

Can you provide some examples?

BP, Lunn Poly, Rolls-Royce, Jaguar, British Steel, British Sugar, Sealink, most of our airports, most of our services have all been privatised and gone on to become very successful and profitable businesses.

I said public services. Were BP, Jaguar and Lunn Poly public services?

As for examples: All the utilities, railways, education & healthcare (multiple PPI disasters).

I laughed out loud when I saw the Metro free paper yesterday. They think the economy is on the up due to the record number of new companies being registered by entrepreneurs. What they don't realise, maybe they do in which case it's just another public opinion story to upbeat the economy, is that with the closure of a lot of work related immigration routes. The only options left open are the old work permit programme which is heavily regulated and difficult to fiddle and therefore not really an option anymore or the Tier 1 Entrepreneur provision in which migrants have to stump up £50k to invest in their business, equivalaent to something like £2.5m in Pakistan for example, and rarely sees the light of day once leave has been granted.

---------- Post added 28-01-2014 at 07:53 ----------

Except of course that doesnt happen.

But now as well as having the economy halved last March (any sign of an answer to that question btw?) we have a workforce that can magically shrink by 66% and still do the same work.

Either the public sector is full of workshy fools or you are full of something else. Which is it please?

awww don't worry, I'll pick your dummy off the floor. Why doesn't it happen?

I said public services. Were BP, Jaguar and Lunn Poly public services?

As for examples: All the utilities, railways, education & healthcare (multiple PPI disasters).

OK, well how about the Gas and Electricity supply industry? Airports and public broadcasting? Waste management and public housing? All of these are public services that were privatised and have gone on to become either profitable or sustainable private companies.

Looks like more good news....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-25926648

I'll answer your question Mecky when you show me the proof that the economy shrank by 50% last March - we are all agog and waiting...

Is that the economy or forecast? hahaha ... oh and again, what did you think I meant?

---------- Post added 28-01-2014 at 10:42 ----------

OK, well how about the Gas and Electricity supply industry? Airports and public broadcasting? Waste management and public housing? All of these are public services that were privatised and have gone on to become either profitable or sustainable private companies.

Funny how people moan about in the drop of service of those which you mentioned.

EDIT

... and another oh. I already addressed the reason why there is an up-turn in new businesses being registered. Have a nice day :hihi:

Archived