More good news on the economy..

Water. I know its a bit pricey (it comes from the sky for FFs ;)) and although English infrastructure isn't great it is being updated and has been for a while. Compare that with the government owned Northern Ireland water and we're in a far better place they haven't upgraded bugger all for decades.

And are we counting telephones as a utility? That's a relative success surely.

I wouldn't be so complacent about our infrastructure. It is badly underinvested in practically every respect. That's not just the fault of the current government though - stretches back decades.

Telephones used to be classed as as utility I guess but it's since been deregulated. Seems to be a lottery whether you get a decent service now although at least some people can now make choices like switching to non-BT networks.

Service sector is leading the growth according to the FT

Growth - 0.7% in the final quarter - is unbalanced and unsustainable.

The recovery is fragile because it is driven by consumer spending and house prices (in other words - debt).

Weak exports and business investment could mean it is short lived.

LINK

False prosperity based on debt. Now that rings a bell.

LINK

False prosperity based on debt. Now that rings a bell.

It's the same mistakes repeated again.

While in opposition Osbourne had a morbid fascination with Gordon Brown. He watched Brown deliver election success off the back of a consumption and house price boom. Now Osborne is trying to do the same.

Crazy stuff.

The thing is every time I pick up the paper and look at the business section, it's either one or two things.

1) Job losses at XYZ form

2) Shareholders to received X amount of dividends.

Rarely is it so many jobs created at X even if orders are up

The thing is every time I pick up the paper and look at the business section, it's either one or two things.

1) Job losses at XYZ form

2) Shareholders to received X amount of dividends.

Rarely is it so many jobs created at X even if orders are up

Does the paper tell you that jobs aren't being created?

http://m.sunderlandecho.com/news/business/nissan-creates-another-400-new-jobs-at-sunderland-plant-as-demand-for-note-model-soars-1-6136084

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-15870451

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24018350

But that aside, right again.

I said they rarely tell me they are, not tell me they're not. However, they tell me jobs are being lost almost every day

EDIT

Which is probably you had to rely on an article from Sept 2013

Archived