More good news on the economy..

I said they rarely tell me they are, not tell me they're not. However, they tell me jobs are being lost almost every day

EDIT

Which is probably you had to rely on an article from Sept 2013

Really...?

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/lms/labour-market-statistics/january-2014/index.html

Unemployment down.

Total absolute employment is also going up...

• 2 weeks later...
False prosperity based on debt. Now that rings a bell.

Interest rates on hold as Bank says recovery 'unsustainable'

Rate likely to remain at 0.5% until 2015 election because recovery 'neither balanced nor sustainable', says Mark Carney

"A few quarters of above-trend growth driven by household spending are a good start but they aren't sufficient for sustained momentum"

LINK

Although Carney does rather put his foot in it when he says: "For a sustained and balanced recovery, the degree of stimulus will need to remain exceptional for some time."

Not much of an economy if it depends on funny money created out of thin air on a computer.

LINK

Although Carney does rather put his foot in it when he says: "For a sustained and balanced recovery, the degree of stimulus will need to remain exceptional for some time."

Not much of an economy if it depends on funny money created out of thin air on a computer.

It's all public opinion, look at the news from Barclays the other day, profits supposedly down, bankers' bonuses up and 12,000 jobs lost.

Archived