Tom Jones to play Chesterfield. Why not Sheffield Stadium.

More and more major recording artists are choosing Chesterfield over Sheffield when it comes to live performances in this area. We are a town on the rise whereas Sheffield is a city on the decline.

Yeah, right. I googled concerts in Chesterfield and got http://www.5gig.co.uk/gigs-in/Derbyshire/Chesterfield. It has the Tom Jones gig at the top and then of the next 10 gigs eight are in Sheffield and two in Derby.

Yeah, right. I googled concerts in Chesterfield and got http://www.5gig.co.uk/gigs-in/Derbyshire/Chesterfield. It has the Tom Jones gig at the top and then of the next 10 gigs eight are in Sheffield and two in Derby.

I've got to give it to Chesterfield on the real ale front though, it may not be a match for Sheffield, but for a town of it's size it does punch well above it's weight.....It's certainly much better than Barnsley or Rotherham. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

More and more major recording artists are choosing Chesterfield over Sheffield when it comes to live performances in this area. We are a town on the rise whereas Sheffield is a city on the decline.

The only thing on the rise in Chesterfield is the Paul Calf look a likes, the streaked Mullets the half mast trousers and white socks and not forgetting the the thin leather ties, that is the reason why Tom Jones wants to appear there because when he looks at the audience and it takes him back in time a couple of decades, well done Chesterfield mi ducks you've made a pensioner feel younger.:gag::hihi:

I've got to give it to Chesterfield on the real ale front though, it may not be a match for Sheffield, but for a town of it's size it does punch well above it's weight.....It's certainly much better than Barnsley or Rotherham. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Kabul under the Taleban had better beer than Barnsley and Rotherham.

Archived