Stephen Gough Rambling Naked In Front Of Kids

1/. When I was a kid, we all knew we were supposed to be upset if we saw people without clothes, so we always said we were.

2/. Did it really bother us? No, but we couldn't admit it didn't.

3/. I suppose modern kids are much more sensitive than we were.

I wouldnt want mine to have seen it either, although they are grown up now, its just wrong. Dont forget, we live in a culture now where its acceptable for two blokes to kiss and swearing and fornication on reality TV.

This is what todays kids see, and its wrong.

It's wrong to some people and no to others. People need to be tolerant when the beliefs and habits of others do not pose a threat to them.

On a separate note... I heard that the police got so fed up of him that when they arrested him them clothed searched him just to humiliate him.

On the BBC show The Naked Rambler last night...he happened to be walking past a school as it was kicking out time, and he was of course naked...he refused to cover up and refused to walk a different direction. He was arrested.

I don't want to editorialise, but for those who didn't see it, he wasn't flaunting it, he didn't intentionally walk by the school at home time, he happened to be there - this is not some pervert who gets naked in front of kids...he just doesn't wear clothes wherever he goes.

I dunno, I think it's a bit tight to be arrested for being how you were born into this world.

So if we were in the same restaurant, would it be ok for me to just take my top off or get my balls out?

Or get naked?

Too many parents these days see every male as a potential Peado or Perv . I blame the parents . over protective and panic merchants . I watched this programme ,and he did nowt wrong . Ive said before we put the wrong people in prison in this country. This bloke was locked up for years for walking around naked yet people caught in possession of cannabis are allowed to walk the streets when they should be locked up . Its all wrong .

---------- Post added 23-01-2014 at 11:28 ----------

So if we were in the same restaurant, would it be ok for me to just take my top off or get my balls out?

Or get naked?

Why not................. women are allowed to breast feed in public. If they are allowed to get their bits out , then you must have the same rules for everyone.

Too many parents these days see every male as a potential Peado or Perv . I blame the parents . over protective and panic merchants . I watched this programme ,and he did nowt wrong . Ive said before we put the wrong people in prison in this country. This bloke was locked up for years for walking around naked yet people caught in possession of cannabis are allowed to walk the streets when they should be locked up . Its all wrong .

---------- Post added 23-01-2014 at 11:28 ----------

Why not................. women are allowed to breast feed in public. If they are allowed to get their bits out , then you must have the same rules for everyone.

I dont know where you go but i havent seen a women breast feed in over 25 years.

I bet you turn your nose up & chavs walking around supermarkets with their tops off in the summer. I know i do.

On the BBC show The Naked Rambler last night...he happened to be walking past a school as it was kicking out time, and he was of course naked...he refused to cover up and refused to walk a different direction. He was arrested.

I don't want to editorialise, but for those who didn't see it, he wasn't flaunting it, he didn't intentionally walk by the school at home time, he happened to be there - this is not some pervert who gets naked in front of kids...he just doesn't wear clothes wherever he goes.

I dunno, I think it's a bit tight to be arrested for being how you were born into this world.

I think the authorities should stop persecuting the man.

---------- Post added 23-01-2014 at 11:53 ----------

Yes if I was sat in a restaurant or with my kids and Beyonce was walking around naked I'd tell her to cover up.

Clearly my repulsion is strange to some of you, I trust you're all for naked wally rights and see it as fine?

He's naked Rambling, not naked eating in a restaurant.

The man doesn't walk naked around restaurants and restaurants are entitled to enforce dress codes if they wish. We're talking about in public, not in a restaurant.

It is interesting that whilst some people find his naked rambliing inoffensive, they would draw the line at having to see him when they are eating. Given that there are plenty of people who watch TV/films when eating, many of which show nudity and normal body functions (e.g. sex) not to mention gory scenes such as surgery and violent attacks, I am curious as to why their sensibility would be outraged by the thought of a naked man in a restaurant.

(I personally wouldn't want his - or anyone's - bits wobbling about in front of me if I were eating, but then I am pretty squeamish, I like peaceful eating experiences and I wouldn't watch any of the above when eating, anyway).

The attempt to draw an analogy with breastfeeding btw is totally ridiculous.

---------- Post added 23-01-2014 at 13:06 ----------

Quite right, what was I thinking? I must be some kind of weirdo for thinking it unacceptable to see multiple naked people walking round in public. I mean, it happens all the time.

Would it be a different offence if lots of people did it?

Quite right, what was I thinking? I must be some kind of weirdo for thinking it unacceptable to see multiple naked people walking round in public.

Well, now's your chance to explain why you think it's unacceptable, and what harm you think it would cause!

Personally, I think it would be unusual, but I doubt I would be offended unless there was some sexual element to it. I don't believe that is the case in regard to Stephen Gough.

It is interesting that whilst some people find his naked rambliing inoffensive, they would draw the line at having to see him when they are eating. Given that there are plenty of people who watch TV/films when eating, many of which show nudity and normal body functions (e.g. sex) not to mention gory scenes such as surgery and violent attacks, I am curious as to why their sensibility would be outraged by the thought of a naked man in a restaurant.

(I personally wouldn't want his - or anyone's - bits wobbling about in front of me if I were eating, but then I am pretty squeamish, I like peaceful eating experiences and I wouldn't watch any of the above when eating, anyway).

The attempt to draw an analogy with breastfeeding btw is totally ridiculous.

---------- Post added 23-01-2014 at 13:06 ----------

Would it be a different offence if lots of people did it?

Maybe not. It would still be unpleasant and weird, that's why it's never happened outside nudist colonies and never will. Beyond the bubble of daft relativists on Sheffield Forum the normal masses would find it unthinkable.

Archived