MORRISONS - I never seem to get the offers they advertise

You should ask for a credit note to the value of the goods and point out you could report them to trading standards

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/business_leaflets/cpregs/oft979.pdf

Don't be so stupid, how is it the fault of morrisons that an item (at an exceptionally low price) sold out? A couple of pallets is at least 20 boxes. Are they supposed to save one for you or have 1 item for every person that live in sheffield.

Get over it, you missed out on a deal, it happens! No wonder this country's going to ship when people are moaning and crying, boohoo waawaa.

I blame the Eastern European immigrants. They were probably camping outside since 4am that morning.

Strangely enough,I did see a,shall we say,"swarthy type gentleman" leaing Morrisons with an estate car with the back full of boxes of nappies.You can bet a pound to a zlote that they will be on sale in his shop at full price.Same with the tins of chocs.Probably.

The following practices

are banned outright:

5. Special offer – not in stock

Making an invitation to purchase products at a specified

price, without disclosing the existence of any reasonable

grounds the trader may have for believing that he/she

will not be able to offer for supply or to procure another

trader to supply, those products or equivalent products

at that price for a period that is, and in quantities that are,

reasonable having regard to the product, the scale

of advertising of the product and the price offered.

This is known as bait advertising.

Argos are regular culprits of this. I know of several people that have tried to order stock that's on sale at a ridiculously low price and it's not available but they "have other alternatives" at a much higher price.

They had an item on sale and I tried to reserve it at every store in S Yorks on day 1. Tried throughout the promo to procure one. Never one in stock, yet miraculously the day after the promo ended and they were back to full price they were in stock at all the stores.

Don't be so stupid, how is it the fault of morrisons that an item (at an exceptionally low price) sold out? A couple of pallets is at least 20 boxes. Are they supposed to save one for you or have 1 item for every person that live in sheffield.

Get over it, you missed out on a deal, it happens! No wonder this country's going to ship when people are moaning and crying, boohoo waawaa.

I didn't miss out on anything but lots of shops will give you vouchers for stuff like this. No point in being a sucker. And why should big supermarkets be able to get away with shoddy advertising practices.

Argos are regular culprits of this. I know of several people that have tried to order stock that's on sale at a ridiculously low price and it's not available but they "have other alternatives" at a much higher price.

They had an item on sale and I tried to reserve it at every store in S Yorks on day 1. Tried throughout the promo to procure one. Never one in stock, yet miraculously the day after the promo ended and they were back to full price they were in stock at all the stores.

Yes, I agree, I have come to the same conclusion about Argos, it is simply a waste of time trying to reserve any of their 'bargains' and I have had the very same experience as you. It must put people off in the long run!

---------- Post added 22-01-2014 at 21:06 ----------

I didn't miss out on anything but lots of shops will give you vouchers for stuff like this. No point in being a sucker. And why should big supermarkets be able to get away with shoddy advertising practices.

Hi biotchpete, I completely agree with you, well said!

Jus the hook to get you through the door. Also look out for the difference in cost on the shelf and at the checkout and lookout for substitute items and stuff scanned twice

Hi Mecky, yep I always check my receipt as it saves having to go wait at the customer services desk to get the overcharging sorted out, although i am happy to say that I havn't had stuff scanned twice (well havn't noticed)

Archived