Torksey in the 70s

brooksy

brooksey, didn't know your family had a van for 30 yrs ! everyone has such brilliant memories, loved it things went down hill after they changed the Elms such a shame would have loved my kids to have the experience we had.

---------- Post added 10-08-2017 at 16:45 ----------

i can remember walking back from the carpenters late saturday night

I'm so old I can remember when Torksey had a railway station....:sad:

Yes Mr. H. I think some trains left Sheffield Victoria at some unearthly Sunday morning hour. Were they 'fisherman's specials' or went somewhere else after Torksey ?

I've put it on here before but my Grandad had Rydal Mount from 64 to the mid 90's, Stan Beal. I used to come for weeks in the school holidays but can't remember many kids names its so long ago.
I answered you Martin!!!

---------- Post added 14-08-2017 at 16:50 ----------

::think mine was more of a stagger!!!!

And vommiting outside your caravan!!!:o

---------- Post added 14-08-2017 at 18:29 ----------

Good thanks how are you remember carpenters?

And disco!!!(

---------- Post added 17-08-2017 at 15:35 ----------

Old mate of mine Neil Barratt who now lives down at Torksey has recently opened Locklands fishery .Always fishing mad that guy even back in 70s!!!!:)

Edited by brooksy

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We had a caravan on the Elms site middle of the 70s to early 80s. We, Fothergills, bought ours after our friends, Whelans and Cantors bought theirs. Used to go there from Sheffield, where we lived then, every Friday after work and stayed until Sunday.Then through the summer we spent more time there. We would go around to the Little London site each time we were there had some good nights. The owner of the London site tried to persuade us to move our caravans on to his site. The elms owner and the Little London owner didn't like each other. Had some great times there caught some decent fish.

blackhill are you sea fishing at blackpool

---------- Post added 01-10-2018 at 09:57 ----------

We had a caravan on the Elms site middle of the 70s to early 80s. We, Fothergills, bought ours after our friends, Whelans and Cantors bought theirs. Used to go there from Sheffield, where we lived then, every Friday after work and stayed until Sunday.Then through the summer we spent more time there. We would go around to the Little London site each time we were there had some good nights. The owner of the London site tried to persuade us to move our caravans on to his site. The elms owner and the Little London owner didn't like each other. Had some great times there caught some decent fish.

re blackhill, fothergills hope you are still fishing in blackpool