How many points are on your licence

If you are going to have a points system in place, then lets keep to the norm.

12 points in the totting up process and you get a ban, no excuses.

I would also like to see anyone driving without Insurance banned.

I would also like to see anyone driving without Insurance banned.

As a person who once had 8 points because the car that I was driving, I was not insured, I find that people attitude towards lack of insurance is misguided.

If someone has no insurance, it is an error or a money issue; if someone is speeding they are driving in a way that is more likely to injure or kill someone.

Massive error on the judges part there, the guys been caught twice without insurance so obviously he should be allowed to stay on the road :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Pathetic excuse as well, if his family needed that job so badly the guy wouldn't behave so recklessly.

Got 3 points doing 47 in a 40. Bloody dual carriageway I was sure it was 70 so fortunately I wasn't doing more. Clean other than that though and that's me doing 20k miles a year.

---------- Post added 23-01-2014 at 12:27 ----------

As a person who once had 8 points because the car that I was driving, I was not insured, I find that people attitude towards lack of insurance is misguided.

If someone has no insurance, it is an error or a money issue; if someone is speeding they are driving in a way that is more likely to injure or kill someone.

Not always I know if people who knowingly drive uninsured because they can't afford the insurance. Hmm can't afford insurance, then do not drive.

Not always I know if people who knowingly drive uninsured because they can't afford the insurance. Hmm can't afford insurance, then do not drive.

And that is rght, they shouldnt be on the road, but it doesnt mean that they are more or less dangerous, like speeding or drink/drugs does.

Not more dangerous no you're right but it's when they do have an accident that problems arise, I think 6 points for driving uninsured and a heft fine (depending on why they were uninsured). As I found with my speeding ticket (rightly so) ignorance is not an excuse.

The good thing about points and having your license taken away, is that it affects the rich and poor equaly.

although the richer can usually more easily afford taxis and chauffeurs

i currently have no points - have had 9 points over the last 25 years - although never more than 3 at any one time

If someone has no insurance, it is an error or a money issue; if someone is speeding they are driving in a way that is more likely to injure or kill someone.[/QUOTE]

Really?

Id say someone doing 50 on a motorway too close to other vehicles is far far more likely to cause and accident than someone doing 80 correctly spaced form other vehicles.

you need to stop being a brainwashed sheep and actually think about it.

94% of all accidents are caused by drivers NOT speeding so who's the real problem?

Archived