How many points are on your licence

I've not got any. Never have actually. I'm quite proud of that after twenty odd years of driving.

If I was to get points, I think I'd do it like this guy. He's got 29 of the things and still kept his license.

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth over-doing.

None now.

Had 11 at one stage of my mis-spent youth but I've never had to dodge any by going on a course.

Just saying.

If a thing is worth doing, it is worth over-doing.
Too right :D

Far too many points, fines and a 6 months ban in my misspent youth (all speeding, never anything else; and only ever on clear/dry/empty A roads/motorways...that made for high numbers).

Took it all like the almost-man I was at the time, did my pennances, 0 for the last 24 years or so.

94% of all accidents are caused by drivers NOT speeding so who's the real problem?

The 6% that are? 6% that could be reduced by, well 6%. :)

Now if you want to tell Radwan Uddin's family, and all the others that speed isn't a problem, be my guest:

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/family-of-nineyearold-radwan-uddin-killed-by-speeding-car-say-their-world-has-been-torn-to-pieces-8953485.html

Want another? Here you go:

Speeding driver jailed for Wakefield boy's hit-and-run death

Peter Renshaw was doing 57mph in 30mph zone when he struck and killed six-year-old Owen Wightman near his home

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jun/07/speeding-driver-jailed-boy-death

How many do you need until it sinks in?

If someone has no insurance, it is an error or a money issue; if someone is speeding they are driving in a way that is more likely to injure or kill someone.

If you can't afford insurance you can't afford to drive. If you couldn't afford petrol would you steal it? By being uninsured, you are taking from those that are as they pay extra to cover uninsured accidents.

And that is rght, they shouldnt be on the road, but it doesnt mean that they are more or less dangerous, like speeding or drink/drugs does.

Statistically, uninsured drivers have more accidents. Same for those with no tax or no MOT.

Speeding driver jailed for Wakefield boy's hit-and-run death

Peter Renshaw was doing 57mph in 30mph zone when he struck and killed six-year-old Owen Wightman near his home

http://www.theguardian.com/uk/2012/jun/07/speeding-driver-jailed-boy-death

How many do you need until it sinks in?

I'm glad you picked up that one. Owen Wightman was killed a short distance from my old house. The road in question has excellent visibility, is straight, in good repair, and the only real contributing factor to his death was the speed of the car.

I used to drive the route every day - if you crested the hill at 30mph you could easily have stopped before the point of impact without even really trying. Do it at 57mph and it's impossible to stop before impact, even if you started braking as soon as you could see the obstruction, you'd still hit at well over 35mph.

Yet people say that speed doesn't kill....

Archived