Annoying Hive ad on TV

Not seen the ad but I'd love to control the heating from my phone...half an hour away from home, whack the heating on.

Perfect.

My initial response would be the same if I had a mobilesmart phone :huh:

However. I haven't seen the advert either, and OP said...

Why would anyone want to pay out a fortune to control their central heating from a mobile phone?

What is the value of this fortune?

If it's 99p all in, I'd get it if I had the phone... for the reasons that Hans posted.

If it's 99p/per day, then it's a different story.

I'm not prepared to watch the ad to find out though.

My initial response would be the same if I had a mobilesmart phone :huh:

However. I haven't seen the advert either, and OP said...

What is the value of this fortune?

If it's 99p all in, I'd get it if I had the phone... for the reasons that Hans posted.

If it's 99p/per day, then it's a different story.

I'm not prepared to watch the ad to find out though.

Well to start with there will be the cost of a new controller for the C/H that can be accessed via the mobile phone system for which I bet there will be no change out of £200 or even more, plus the cost of having it fitted. Then If you want to control individual rooms you will need a new valve fitted to every radiator in the house, this would involve the draining of the full system.

All this to save about 20 minutes which is about the length of time it takes for my C/H to warm up from cold.

I haven't seen the ad but I googled Hive and I considered getting something like this when I was running a holiday cottage 125 miles away, so think there'll be some take-up.

But would you leave the power on to your holiday cottage when you left it for months?

Archived