UNEMPLOYMENT FIGURES-more reasons to voke UKIP?

are the jobseeker figures being manipulated?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. are the jobseeker figures being manipulated?

• yes, to force interest rates up.
    • yes, to make the government/economy look good.
    • no, i'm a tory supporter.
    • no, they're the truth.
    • jobseekers are committing suicide or going to prison.
    • i will vote when i get out of A & E!
    • I could not care less.
    • please can you put this poll in all EU languages?

Ive never voted Conservative but i will be in the next election.

They have made sweeping reforms to the benefits system which i have been a contentious issue for a very long time.

The country is too fragile at the moment for a change in management and Labour do not seem up for the job anyway.

The recession is the test for every government and i think they've done a pretty good job considering the mess most of Europe is still in.

They have made sweeping reforms to the benefits system which i have been a contentious issue for a very long time.

The country is too fragile at the moment for a change in management and Labour do not seem up for the job anyway.

The recession is the test for every government and i think they've done a pretty good job considering the mess most of Europe is still in.

many people who are entitled to benefits have actually paid into the system but cannot get them for various reasons i.e. they are married, have no children but cannot claim because their other half works full time, for example.

the 'sweeping reforms' have led to quite a few suicides and a huge increase in mental health issues.

i am all in favour of everyone having a job to give them a purpose in life and the pride in saying "i'm a bricklayer, roadsweeper, doctor, receptionist etc,."

but a couple of things spring to mind. firstly, some people are simply not mentally equipped to do a job, secondly, benefits street, would you really trust some of those people to work in your company? thirdly, when we had full employment, in the 60's, people were jumping from one job to another and having 3 or 4 jobs in a week, just because of the labour shortage. that's how immigration got going leading to the problems in the 70's.

everyone needs food, water, warm clothing (in this country) and a roof over their heads to survive. the last few governments have slowly taken these essentials away from people.

perhaps the tories have made small achievements, but getting up from the bottom when you can scarcely get much further down is nothing to shout home about. stopping the recession in the first place would have been preferable. i think the tories planted the bomb and lit the recession touchpaper just in time for labour to come along and get the blame.

if we came out of the EU, any gains made now would be tripled, easily.

Good for you!

Paranoia...............

One of the problems is that the financial markets work as much by rumour and confidence as facts and figures.

So it's quite possible that the politicians are trying to increase confidence in the UK and UK businesses by making up, (or at least exagerating) 'good news,' to improve investment.

It's not necessarily a wrong thing to do in the circumstances, and it might work, but that doesn't make it true.

Very good for you!!

why do i smell books being cooked?

if the figures were going down (14 months in a row now, allegedly), how come jobcentres are not closing and staff being laid off?

glad the bank of england are seeing right through this and not raising interest rates. the tories were hoping rates would increase in order to boost their rich buddies bank accounts and cripple everyone else's mortgage payments.

parents being fined £60 a day when their kids are off school and people being forced to learn to read and write.

WELL! good luck with the gypsies then!

more reasons to voke UKIP?

let me be nice... no sorry, can't be bothered. How many qualifications have you got? Because they failed to make you think.

---------- Post added 24-01-2014 at 20:56 ----------

Vote LibDem, they have done more to sort things out than most people give them credit for and at least it isn't a complete assassination of your own character.

What job do you do then?

He terminates human simulacra, which would bring instability to the simulated reality. His mission and purpose is to the machine collective, the Matrix.

And all that for job seekers allowance.

what would ukip do to change these things youve "discovered"?

Give the jobs available to people already here instead of putting residents on the dole and filling jobs with immigrants who can afford to work for next to nothing then send the money 'Home' ?

Give the jobs available to people already here instead of putting residents on the dole and filling jobs with immigrants who can afford to work for next to nothing then send the money 'Home' ?

I didn't realise that UKIP controlled who worked for whom.

Cool stuff.

Archived