Blasphemy 70 year old British man sentenced to death in Pakistan

Ironic really, they spend all day worshipping 'the prophet' but if someone else comes along claiming to be a new prophet they hang him from the rafters :huh:

Indeed - imagine this wasn't all a fairy tale and "the prophet" did decide to have a second coming, he'd be screwed ! :suspect:

OP, do you have a link?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/death-sentence-for-british-pensioner-accused-of-blasphemy-in-pakistan-9083235.html

I thought this bit summed it up.

Sixty-eight-year-old Muhammad Asghar from Edinburgh was sentenced to death on Thursday, the law firm said, citing court officials in the city of Rawalpindi, neighbouring the capital.

The firm said it was not present during the judgment because the judge had prevented it from representing Asghar in court since October.

He was arrested in 2010 after writing letters to a lawyer and politician claiming to be a prophet. Though Asghar did not post the letters, a disgruntled tenant whom he was in the process of evicting took them to police, the law firm said.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/death-sentence-for-british-pensioner-accused-of-blasphemy-in-pakistan-9083235.html

I thought this bit summed it up.

Sixty-eight-year-old Muhammad Asghar from Edinburgh was sentenced to death on Thursday, the law firm said, citing court officials in the city of Rawalpindi, neighbouring the capital.

The firm said it was not present during the judgment because the judge had prevented it from representing Asghar in court since October.

He was arrested in 2010 after writing letters to a lawyer and politician claiming to be a prophet. Though Asghar did not post the letters, a disgruntled tenant whom he was in the process of evicting took them to police, the law firm said.

so a mentally ill bloke claims to be God, so they are going to hang him... remind me not to go there on my holidays...

so a mentally ill bloke claims to be God, so they are going to hang him... remind me not to go there on my holidays...

No he didn't claim to be god. He claimed to be a prophet of Islam in letters that he never sent. But presumably the court decided he wasn't mentally ill so perhaps he really is a prophet of Islam.

Archived