Blasphemy 70 year old British man sentenced to death in Pakistan

He's not the messiah: he's a very naughty boy!

Joking aside they won`t execute him. People never get executed for blasphemy in Pakistan even if the courts convict them. There hasn't been any executions for blasphemy in the recent past.

Some things I have learned these past few months.

Don`t go to India if you are female.

Don`t go to Pakistan if you think you are a prophet.

Don`t go to any Islamic state if you are not insane.

The guy in question may have mental issues, but Pakistan itself is besieged by a mental illness. They call it "Islam".

Muhammad claimed to be a prophet, too. Like this man, there was no evidence for his being a prophet, yet Muslims bow to Muhammad and sentence this man to death. That`s why I can call those that believe Islam stupid and they cannot prove me wrong.

Not sure why.. I swore I deleted it the first time around.

Apologies for any confusion to anyone.

---------- Post added 25-01-2014 at 11:52 ----------

Also, a quick reminder to others that masked swearing is not allowed. If you see **** in your post, please edit it yourself or we will.

Thanks, I did not want to question moderating but it did seem a little odd :D

---------- Post added 25-01-2014 at 12:03 ----------

Send who back where?

All the prophets back to heaven ? :hihi:

Send them all back and let them get some perspective on what it is like in the real world.

Send who back to where? What real world, where are they now?

---------- Post added 25-01-2014 at 12:05 ----------

Are the people who sentenced him the minority I hear a lot about ?

You're probably better placed to answer that than anyone else, where have you heard a lot about a particular minority?

Its always nice to be able to pick and choose when to be British, especially if the country you came from has decided to kill you.

He must have forgot how backward the place was and just assumed that they had moved on or didn't know they don't extend your British liberties when you go back

Has he ever to your knowledge claimed not to be British?

He's not the messiah: he's a very naughty boy!

Joking aside they won`t execute him. People never get executed for blasphemy in Pakistan even if the courts convict them. There hasn't been any executions for blasphemy in the recent past.

Some things I have learned these past few months.

Don`t go to India if you are female.

Don`t go to Pakistan if you think you are a prophet.

Don`t go to any Islamic state if you are not insane.

The guy in question may have mental issues, but Pakistan itself is besieged by a mental illness. They call it "Islam".

Muhammad claimed to be a prophet, too. Like this man, there was no evidence for his being a prophet, yet Muslims bow to Muhammad and sentence this man to death. That`s why I can call those that believe Islam stupid and they cannot prove me wrong.

:o You've had it, they'll get you for that !

It is used on here as an excuse. If you don't agree the sanctions follow.

How so?

If I say that it's the actions of a backwards country following a backwards religion and that the whole thing is barbaric, will something happen? I suspect not.

Send who back to where? What real world, where are they now?

You're probably better placed to answer that than anyone else, where have you heard a lot about a particular minority?

Has he ever to your knowledge claimed not to be British?

Have you been hiding somewhere maybe,every time something bad happens ,and thats a lot of bads,in this country especially its usually associated with "the minority"yet in the hotbed of Islam the powers that be commit or instigate atrocities like this on a regular basis,so is this and other actions,a lot we probably dont hear about,the fault of the minority.Now given that this a ruling from the lawmakers of the country,Sharia?, I would tend to bypass the "minority" and state that its simply the way of these people in the majority.

Other religions would just think he's an idiot and leave him alone. This reaction is pathetic and reinforces the opinion that Pakistan must not be taken seriously on the international stage. If someone is willing to kill a human being for insulting their infantile and delusional beliefs, they should start with themselves.

btw/The last execution for blasphemy in what is currently the UK in 1697, when a Scottish court hanged Thomas Aikenhead for it...

Mod Note:

A final reminder that no masked swearing is allowed. Users who continue to try to circumvent this rule will have posts removed and may face some time off from the forum.

If users are unable to follow this basic rule, the thread will be closed.

Thank you.

Archived