Anyone remember Hubbly Bubbly?

Dreb48

Hi. Was just on the ' Sixties Bands ' thread talking about the Esquire.

One of the things I always remember is having a pop drink called Hubbly Bubbly in the bar there.

I'm sure in those days it was available at loads of church hall gigs and youth clubs. I don't remember it surviving the 60s though.

Three flavours I think. Anyone else recall it ?

Thanks for your replies. I was starting to think I'd imagined it.

Grateful to Alsancak for the footage. Wonder where that was? Not in this country.

Bizarrely, I've just Googled Hubbly Bubbly and apparently it's now the brand name of some sort of shisha smoking pipe. Wouldn't be having that at kids parties !

• 2 years later...
Hi. Was just on the ' Sixties Bands ' thread talking about the Esquire.

One of the things I always remember is having a pop drink called Hubbly Bubbly in the bar there.

I'm sure in those days it was available at loads of church hall gigs and youth clubs. I don't remember it surviving the 60s though.

Three flavours I think. Anyone else recall it ?

There was 'Hubble Bubble' (Toil and trouble) a 'Manfred Mann' song. Paul Jones vocals.

Edited by stpetre
Add

Funny how these threads get revisited. It's over 2 years since I asked the question !

My memory of it was there being 3 flavours ; cola, orange and another that was red. There may have been more but I can't remember.

The cola flavour was more like Pepsi and they all came in slim dimpled bottles.

I can remember drinking it between the early to mid 60s and then it seemed to vanish overnight.

My main memory, as I said earlier, was drinking it from the bar in the Esquire.

Somehow can't imagine that happening in the Leadmill !