Guess who is now highest ranking in all forces.

Such a small part of the British public. I remember the jubilee in 1977, and it was rejoiced by everyone. A time to get together and celebrate the realm and the freedom we have. They are still there today, and are great ambassadors for us, and we should all be thankful we live in relative peace, and not in countries like Syria or Iraq which are run by dictators. The youngest of our royal family are growing up and bringing a new spin on the way the royals are perceived. I understand that we are all able to say whatever we want about our royal family, as treason is a bit of an old law nowadays, but for those who bleat and whinge in the stupid belief that the royals are a waste, then other than jealousy of their position, you could always try living in Saudi Arabia, and give your husband or wife a kiss on the beach, or in Pakistan where if your daughter has more than one boyfriend, and enjoy your ten year stretch, or try and hold a spoon with no fingers.

those who bleat and whinge in the stupid belief that the royals are a waste, then other than jealousy of their position, you could always try living in Saudi Arabia

There is an irony in your choice. A country that has monarchy, and even more relevant - monarchy and religion still tied together.

Parliament makes this country what it is. Not the unelected Head of State. I celebrate my freedom to criticise the monarch precisely because past monarchs didn't allow such freedoms, and they paid for their abuse of power.

I don't understand how anyone with any sense of history can defend monarchy. Mixed with religion, they are the most grossly outdated and anachronistic set of ideas that are around today. I say mixed with religion on purpose too, because a Monarch and the divine are intertwined.

There is an irony in your choice. A country that has monarchy, and even more relevant - monarchy and religion still tied together.

Parliament makes this country what it is. Not the unelected Head of State. I celebrate my freedom to criticise the monarch precisely because past monarchs didn't allow such freedoms, and they paid for their abuse of power.

I don't understand how anyone with any sense of history can defend monarchy. Mixed with religion, they are the most grossly outdated and anachronistic set of ideas that are around today. I say mixed with religion on purpose too, because a Monarch and the divine are intertwined.

Good post Chris, but you omitted the fact that the queen is asked for her assent before any law is passed, which is exactly my point. Do you think she would assent to people's hands being chopped off for punishment?

Of course not, and although that analogy was a bit far fetched, it does show that she IS in charge, and you just don't realise how powerful she is. Google it, most people on here usually do.

The time is elapsing, the web is on overtime........searching for proof the queen isn't one tough lady.......help me, help me.......I've made myself look a right pillock.

Should I try Bing?

I should really have come back by now, seeing as I was so sure the queen wasn't a pretty hefty alli, I might go to bed, and hopefully oooo will have forgotten.......

Such a small part of the British public. I remember the jubilee in 1977, and it was rejoiced by everyone. A time to get together and celebrate the realm and the freedom we have. They are still there today, and are great ambassadors for us, and we should all be thankful we live in relative peace, and not in countries like Syria or Iraq which are run by dictators.

Everyone rejoiced at the Silver Jubilee, did they? Some of us were rejoicing at the Sex Pistols instead. The monarchy does not guarantee peace or democracy. We have had enough wars down the years and many other monarchies have had dictatorships - Spain under Franco, Jordan and Kuwait today, Imperial Japan under Hirohito, the Queen's husband's native Greece under various dictatorships till 40 years ago, etc.

....I've made myself look a right pillock.

I'll not argue with you on that one.

Such a small part of the British public. I remember the jubilee in 1977, and it was rejoiced by everyone. A time to get together and celebrate the realm and the freedom we have. They are still there today, and are great ambassadors for us, and we should all be thankful we live in relative peace, and not in countries like Syria or Iraq which are run by dictators. The youngest of our royal family are growing up and bringing a new spin on the way the royals are perceived. I understand that we are all able to say whatever we want about our royal family, as treason is a bit of an old law nowadays, but for those who bleat and whinge in the stupid belief that the royals are a waste, then other than jealousy of their position, you could always try living in Saudi Arabia, and give your husband or wife a kiss on the beach, or in Pakistan where if your daughter has more than one boyfriend, and enjoy your ten year stretch, or try and hold a spoon with no fingers.

Rejoiced by everyone? What a strange phrase. Let me assure you that it was not 'rejoiced by everyone', should you as a royalist not be able to employ the Queens English?

Personally, I take no joy in acknowledging the fact that so many of my fellow citizens are craven servile dolts who are prepared to allow themselves to be described as 'subjects', from the verb subjugate - conquer and control -it is pathetic in my view.

Still, I suppose a thousand years of being subjugated by thieves, thugs and murderers will have that effect on those who have no self respect.

Sad but true, some people lack the balls to stand on their back legs and say ' I am the equal of anyone.'

I think people get far too angsty about the whole subject. I mean, who really gives a crap? Somebody has to be commander in chief, might as well be him, he can be relied upon to do nothing, which is exactly what is required - trooping of the colour, gong-pinning duties and all that razzmatazz.

It helps if you think of it as showbusiness, rather than any kind of meaningful, political institution. That goes for parliament too btw.

I am also very proud of our extremely hardworking Royal family.

Hard working? Let them try clearing up after the old and infirm with gloves covered in **** for the minimum wage. What do you think they actually do?

I doubt they are even capable of dressing themselves. They have a team of sycophants to do everything for them. The hardest thing they have to do is look interested and Lizzie barely manages that. I can't wait until her dimwitted son takes over.

Andrew was pulled from being an international dealmaker due to his association with Epstein. Edwards' missus was freeloading on his reputation. He lasted two days in the Marines before he became really useful in a theatre company and Princess SS Michael is moaning because she can't eat out every day. Must be because she got rumbled about the peppercorn rent of £69 a week for her five bed apartment in Kensington Palace.

I think people get far too angsty about the whole subject. I mean, who really gives a crap? Somebody has to be commander in chief, might as well be him, he can be relied upon to do nothing, which is exactly what is required - trooping of the colour, gong-pinning duties and all that razzmatazz

It helps if you think of it as showbusiness, rather than any kind of meaningful, political institution. That goes for parliament too btw.

Keep that razzmatazz going, it most certainly has my approval. :thumbsup:

Archived