Looking for a Large Space for Wedding Reception

Hello,

I'm getting married in May 2015 and our current guest list includes about 350 people. So we're looking for a venue for the reception that can comfortably fit between 300-400 people. It doesn't need to be a space that's specifically for weddings/events - any large space will do - quirky and unusual is no bad thing. We're happy to decorate the space ourselves. We also want to do our own food arrangements, probably having a hog roast, and have a ceilidh in the evening.

Does anyone know of any large rentable spaces? We've had a look at Totley Hall Farm, but we're not sure it's going to be quite big enough.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mark

Hello,

I'm getting married in May 2015 and our current guest list includes about 350 people. So we're looking for a venue for the reception that can comfortably fit between 300-400 people. It doesn't need to be a space that's specifically for weddings/events - any large space will do - quirky and unusual is no bad thing. We're happy to decorate the space ourselves. We also want to do our own food arrangements, probably having a hog roast, and have a ceilidh in the evening.

Does anyone know of any large rentable spaces? We've had a look at Totley Hall Farm, but we're not sure it's going to be quite big enough.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Mark

Longley Park:hihi:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

We found the Whirlow Hall Farm Lambing Barn (should be the top link if you Google "whirlow hall farm lambing barn" - I'm not allow to post links apparently).

Great venue if you just want a blank canvas. Doesn't seem to be mentioned on any sites that list venues - it's even pretty well hidden on their own site.