So were your targets realised,

sheff 13

There was a thread last year regarding anglers targets.

Did you catch close to your target or were you lucky enough to pass it.

If you didn't were lessons learned.

I had no targets regarding fish weights but decided to spend more time improving or at least trying to get a feeling for paste fishing.

I had no targets regarding fish weights but decided to spend more time improving or at least trying to get a feeling for paste fishing.

I just worked on trying to improve my fishing techniques/knowledge( shoting patterns and bait presentation etc) ive done a lot of reading and watched videos to try and improve myself, just simple things really, im only a pleasure angler but I like to learn new things.

I just worked on trying to improve my fishing techniques/knowledge( shoting patterns and bait presentation etc) ive done a lot of reading and watched videos to try and improve myself, just simple things really, im only a pleasure angler but I like to learn new things.

I too only pleasure fish now and I'm not missing matched at all.

What kind of fishing do you prefer gazza ?

I must learn to fish with paste, never tried it but I know its a lethal method and bait at times. My enjoyment last year was helping George a ten year old complete novice catch a few fish on Lillies match and winning then watch him without being prompted to hand back his winnings for the charity, he cant wait to go again and with my help has built up a useable/useful amount of tackle ready for this year.

I find with paste it's better to feed a few feet from your hook bait, it seems to give me far less false bites.

A very good effort from George by the way.

I don't feed with paste apart from maybe a few micro pellets with my hook bait also have it very soft only just holding on the hook leave it in for about 3 or 4 mins if no bite strike it of thus feeding your swim

I don't feed with paste apart from maybe a few micro pellets with my hook bait also have it very soft only just holding on the hook leave it in for about 3 or 4 mins if no bite strike it of thus feeding your swim

Yes I understand, I fish paste what I believe a more positive approach if I have to wait for bites I fish the feeder until fish turn up in the margin.

PS Forgot to mention I only feed loose groundbait.

i had a decent start to my targets reaching the first couple in quick succsession(pb tench and bream), due to a few different factors(mainly weather and family commitments), my fishing took a back foot and didnt have as many sessions as i would have liked, and with the arrival of my lil boy in the next 5 weeks i wont be doing many in the forseeable future. but when i do get chance i will mainly be targetting bream/tench in the spring and carp/barbel in the summer!!!

Archived