Some people are so helpful

Are buck and harleyman Americans.. or do they just think they are ??
We are naturalized Americans. It says I'm one on my passport so it must be true.We saw the light at the right time, thanks be. (Can't mention God on SF)

so ur expats who became 'american''?? so your not really then.. just wondered as you seem to use american phrases..lol... some brits used to do that in canada... seems strange to me that people ''try'' to sound like their from that country....

so ur expats who became 'american''?? so your not really then.. just wondered as you seem to use american phrases..lol... some brits used to do that in canada... seems strange to me that people ''try'' to sound like their from that country....
In actual fact I still talk Yorkshire, my friends and colleagues like to hear it. I've been here 43 years, and been back to UK three times, and Ireland many times. Little wonder I use American usage though, instead of trying to talk poncified BBC language like some of you lot. Not my style, I'm Joe six pack.:) There's our avatar of my wife and I relaxing aboard our cruiser "Ciera" out of NYC up the Hudson river on route to Albany. Sure beats the old River Don eh.

It would've been a lot more impressive if it was the co-pilot of a Spitfire (Hurricane or something?) rescuing a model helicopter from a tree. :P

Well those old war planes can't hover in the air quite so well can they so would have made it a bit difficult don't you think!

In actual fact I still talk Yorkshire, my friends and colleagues like to hear it. I've been here 43 years, and been back to UK three times, and Ireland many times. Little wonder I use American usage though, instead of trying to talk poncified BBC language like some of you lot. Not my style, I'm Joe six pack.:) There's our avatar of my wife and I relaxing aboard our cruiser "Ciera" out of NYC up the Hudson river on route to Albany. Sure beats the old River Don eh.

:hihi:... so why all the interest in sheffield forum if the states is so rrrsummmm ? lol..:hihi: little motor boat hey, your doing well for yourself :roll: we had one similar in canada, pretty cheap bits of kit..

Looks like a 'six pack' of cakes by what I can perceive from the avatar. :P

Why are some of you being so hateful? I have to admire those with the gumption to leave their countries of origin and start a new life elsewhere. I am too lazy and not nearly brave enough to even consider it.

buck and Harleyman are probably more American than I am. I'm an American by accident, they chose to become Americans. As a result, they value their citizenship while I take mine for granted.

Archived