Some people are so helpful

Looks like a 'six pack' of cakes by what I can perceive from the avatar. :P
I don't really remember what was in it. It's a freezer bag, so probably six Stella Artois. It was high summer, and right now its 20F below freezing so Ciera is out of the water. She's not that small with sleeping room for four, a galley, and twin outboard gas engines. I can get 25 knots out of her, but don't.

And they would have known how to spell lord.

I'm very happy for you..but what about my point about you crapping on anything that's seen as "anti US"?

Any non US poster using "Redneck" would have got a mouthful of diatribe from you.

Six pack? :shocked::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: are you the new American health model?

:hihi:... so why all the interest in sheffield forum if the states is so rrrsummmm ? lol..:hihi: little motor boat hey, your doing well for yourself :roll: we had one similar in canada, pretty cheap bits of kit..
I was born in Brightside, educated at Nether Edge Grammar School, spent 18 years in the RN retiring as a CPO. We emigrated to Montreal in 1968, moved to New England in 1977. As for the boat being cheap, it set me back $130,000. Back in 1969 I could have bought a 30 foot inboard twin diesel Chris Craft for $16,000, but needed to keep my job. Those days are long gone.:)

I'm very happy for you..but what about my point about you crapping on anything that's seen as "anti US"?

Any non US poster using "Redneck" would have got a mouthful of diatribe from you.

Six pack? :shocked::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi: are you the new American health model?

I don't expect I would have been upset about anybody calling anybody a redneck, unless of course they were discussing Obama, or maybe not even then. some of you who I call the usual suspects come at the US continuously, and even if it is sometimes true, get upset if we mention UK parallels. For instance Skinz went on ad nauseum about some poor black kid who was hanged in some Southern State as if only the US was capable of such horror. To me it was trolling. I could, but didn't, have referred him to 'Capital Punishment UK' for a record of child executions in Great Britain in the 18th and 19th Centuries. Sure its a long time ago, but so was the execution he highlighted. When I referred to 9/11 he replied "It was all in the past." Do you like being associated with such as this? I don't think so. I admit I overstep sometimes, but my respect for all the good here,is a lot higher than the bad.:) A six pack is often likely to last me a month, especially in the winter. I drink Stella or Sam Adams winter ale.

Those R22's are great for learning to fly. Dragon Helicopters had one at Sheffield Airport with doors on though. That is good eyesight!
Robinson's are very reliable. They're often flown with doors off, especially over water. An engine failure can drown you with the doors on. We used to fly our Westland Wasps with doors off at sea, until finally they were eqipped with flotation bags on each upper side of the fuselage.

Did you notice their approach to the RC plane? Hardly any movement in the tree tops until they were right on top of it, even then it seemed only a mild flutter.
As a long time helicopter crewman I can tell you it was a splendid bit of airmanship. Choppers are not easy to fly, they never let you relax, and will kill you if they can get away with it.

Archived