Evil labour plan to force people into jobs/slavery !

so after all the stuff about the tories treading on the workers, labour now plan to force people to take jobs or leave them with nothing,i wonder who greased the 2 red ed's hands to get this heartwarming policy in ?

could we have the disabled homeless and begging for scraps under a labour government ?

"Requiring the long-term unemployed to take a compulsory job or lose their benefits"

from this link http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-25894312

Interesting read.there needs to be a fundamental change in the way people are assisted to work not just don't work don't get any money.while there are people who are unable to work there seems to be a growing number of people who are making themselves unemployable.

how do they do that then?. cut their arm off ? or maybe break their own legs??.

or do you mean they display the wrong attitude to get a job?. for the last three years i have done everything to get myself a job, countless interviews ( at first) now i dont even get a rejection letter. sorry email, its all electronic now.

so just how do you "make yourself" unemployable ?

..so just how do you "make yourself" unemployable ?

I've known people in the past who have worked out how to convince a GP that they have long term depression, and therefore should be on DLA.

they got more state money than dole and didn't have to be actively looking for work.

---------- Post added 26-01-2014 at 11:53 ----------

No problem with a compulsory job, great idea, as long as it pays a proper wage & the jobs exist. The objections to workfare are that it forces people to work for nothing & undermines the minimum wage.

I also have no problem with a compulsory job as long as it doesn't undermine people who are already doing the same kind of jobs.

I've known people in the past who have worked out how to convince a GP that they have long term depression, and therefore should be on DLA.

they got more state money than dole and didn't have to be actively looking for work.

Getting DLA doesn't mean you don't have to look for work. Blind people can get DLA but can still work. Getting ESA on the other hand may mean you don't have to look for work as it may contain a work-related element for some people. I think you mean ESA and not DLA.

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2014/jan/25/disabled-charities-fit-to-work-tests-benefit

Already happened to a million over the last few years.

The applicants were denied benefits after undergoing a work capability assessment carried out by private firms contracted to the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP). But disability charities said the tests were unfair and the system was failing to give people the support they needed to get a job.

Archived