Is there such a location as 'benefit street' in all towns and cities?

I think "Gleadless Valley" is a benefit estate as are many others in Sheffield.

Really, I and many more like me in Gleadless valley work. I work full-time, and I am 60. I pay council tax and have never received any benefits from the state - so up yours!

Because of our increasing population, if job seekers benefits didn't exist, would there be enough jobs to go round?

Yes there would be enough.

There are virtually no British people working in the agricultural laboring jobs which we rely on East Europeans to do. There are several thousand permanent jobs on cruise ships, which are primarily done by Philippine and Indian staff.

The catering industry in the UK is heavily reliant on foreign labour, an estimate of about 5 years ago estimates there were vacancies for over 30,000 full time chefs. I suspect that those vacancies have also been filled by foreign workers.

Almost 1 million Poles have emigrated here, the vast majority of whom work and do not claim any form of welfare.

The simple fact is that the British working class does not exist any more, they have become welfare dependents. It is not their fault, they are the victim of all governments since the war making it more attractive to be a claimant than a worker.

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 10:38 ----------

Really, I and many more like me in Gleadless valley work. I work full-time, and I am 60. I pay council tax and have never received any benefits from the state - so up yours!

Well said Madam, I am not sure whether you are a victim of a "troll" or just a stupid snob.

It is people like you who are the life blood of this country and your rebuttal of the idiot/idiots who think that because you live in a certain area you must be of a certain "type" is a delight.

Yes there would be enough.

There are virtually no British people working in the agricultural laboring jobs which we rely on East Europeans to do. There are several thousand permanent jobs on cruise ships, which are primarily done by Philippine and Indian staff.

The catering industry in the UK is heavily reliant on foreign labour, an estimate of about 5 years ago estimates there were vacancies for over 30,000 full time chefs. I suspect that those vacancies have also been filled by foreign workers.

Almost 1 million Poles have emigrated here, the vast majority of whom work and do not claim any form of welfare.

The simple fact is that the British working class does not exist any more, they have become welfare dependents. It is not their fault, they are the victim of all governments since the war making it more attractive to be a claimant than a worker.

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 10:38 ----------

Well said Madam, I am not sure whether you are a victim of a "troll" or just a stupid snob.

It is people like you who are the life blood of this country and your rebuttal of the idiot/idiots who think that because you live in a certain area you must be of a certain "type" is a delight.

I am all three :banana:

I have heard a small rumour, not sure on it's accuracy however, that before the current benefits street was filmed an area in Maltby was approached.

That was in the Advertiser last week

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 19:28 ----------

Sheffield has plenty S5 ,S2 for starters.

S5 is a massive area. Your opinion on S5 is very wrong. There may be roads / streets like the one featured on Benefit Street but to label the whole of the S5 area as like this shows your ignorance of the area

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 19:32 ----------

I'm not sure you'll find one in the shires, or Surbiton, that's why Cameron has never met a real poor person who wasn't a servant...

But I would imagine every town in the North has one and a few more to spare.

Of course you will find 'benefit streets' in the 'Shires or Surbiton' - there will be a road or area in every town / city - large / small - north, south, east and west

Archived