50p Tax band for high earners - good idea or not?

That you think the TUC is as far left as it goes, shows how right wing your politics are, since there are a substantial number of trade unionists that are loyal Tories.

But back to the substantive point, the TUC simply published the data that the Office for National Statistics collected and analysed. Are you saying that the ONS is a hotbed of Communists?

And I suspect that you want to ignore it is because it contradicts your world view that public sector workers are idle when compared with private sector workers.

According to Mecky, ONS figures can't be trusted...

According to Mecky, ONS figures can't be trusted...

According to Mecky the economy halved in size last March :hihi:

That's because they've been shown to get their figures wrong. So what would you do with the tax rate?

Have you proof they have a history of getting their figures wrong then?

According to Mecky the economy halved in size last March :hihi:

Have you proof they have a history of getting their figures wrong then?

Thanks to the Internet, the history of the ONS is available online and so are their dubious stats to which they admit they've got wrong in the past. Why do you ask?

Unrevised doesnt mean wrong. When they first publish the figures it is known that they are using a small subset of the information and when the rest comes in they will publish the extra information and a more accurate set of figures. I'm sure that you know this so why you bring it up like it's an error is beyond me.

Unrevised doesnt mean wrong. When they first publish the figures it is known that they are using a small subset of the information and when the rest comes in they will publish the extra information and a more accurate set of figures. I'm sure that you know this so why you bring it up like it's an error is beyond me.

Try "revised" then.

http://www.theguardian.com/business/2013/jun/27/uk-avoid-double-dip-recession-ons-data

Yes I know how it works. They make mistakes then they pretend they didn't by using 'late' availability of small titbits of data as a convenient excuse.

I take it that you are excluding the ONS staff from your ideological crusade against public services, because you like their stats at present?

Archived