Hospitals dont just treat whites for cancer and leukaemia do they?

Was just trying to add to the debate with a similar, but different, scenario from a few years ago. That's all.

Others on here have posted about the need to try and reach it to 'difficult to reach' groups. Another example is adopters and foster parents from black communities - they are under-represented so people that work in the field undertake additional work to try and attract parents from these groups to become adopters. It's pretty simple and I struggle to work out what the OP was concerned about with their original post.

My bold. Perhaps they care less than white or non black people thats why they are underrepresented?

My bold. Perhaps they care less than white or non black people thats why they are underrepresented?

Perhaps it's because they care less but I've yet to see any evidence that the ability to care is related to colour / ethnicity.

Perhaps they're under represented in this market because it's more difficult for them to adopt. Perhaps they live in more overcrowded homes where it might be difficult to accommodate another human. I don't know .......... but I think the reason I suggest is more likely than 'they care less'.

As Doom would say,

Regards.

Yes you did

You seem to have missed the question mark from my post. If you are going to quote me then please, at least be accurate and honest.

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 11:40 ----------

Perhaps it's because they care less but I've yet to see any evidence that the ability to care is related to colour / ethnicity.

Ability? Who said anything about ability? Could it be that they lack the same instincts or desire to help others?

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 11:42 ----------

Perhaps they're under represented in this market because it's more difficult for them to adopt. Perhaps they live in more overcrowded homes where it might be difficult to accommodate another human. I don't know .......... but I think the reason I suggest is more likely than 'they care less'.

As Doom would say,

Regards.

Why is it more difficult for them? Dont white people have over crowded homes where accommodation is at a premium?

You seem to have missed the question mark from my post. If you are going to quote me then please, at least be accurate and honest.

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 11:40 ----------

Ability? Who said anything about ability? Could it be that they lack the same instincts or desire to help others?

That'll be it Claire. They (and by 'they' I mean 'us' because I, too, am a member of a minority ethnic community) are able to help others but lack the instinct and desire to do so. How could I have been so blind to this deficiency all these years. Perhaps us people of colour lack self-awareness too.

I tell you what I do have in abundance though....... and that's pity. And I'm feeling a boatload of it right now.

I didnt say that but tell me why you think they are underrepresented. Whats the reason?

To be honest I'm not arrogant enough to try not draw conclusion on a complex subject that I know nothing about, without looking at all the evidence available. After all ill informed opinions are worthless aren't they, they often lead to questions like this:

Could it be that they lack the same instincts or desire to help others?

Archived